1 800 222 6872

Schubert: Songs with guitar accompaniment / Rosina Sonnenschmidt, soprano; Thomas Pfeiffer, baritone; Harald Knauss, guitar

Album Summary

>Schubert, Franz : Am Fenster, D 878/Op 105 no 3
>Schubert, Franz : Die junge Nonne, D 828/Op. 43 no 1
>Schubert, Franz : Die Forelle ("In einem Bächlein helle"), song for voice & piano, D. 550 (Op. 32)
>Schubert, Franz : Erlkönig ("Wer reitet so spät"), song for voice & piano, D. 328 (Op. 1)
>Schubert, Franz : Ungeduld ("Ich schnitt' es gern"), song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/7 (Op. 25/7)
>Schubert, Franz : Lebensmelodien, D 395
>Schubert, Franz : Hänflings Liebeswerbung ("Ahidi, ich liebe"), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 552 (Op. 20/
>Schubert, Franz : Der Wanderer, D 493/Op. 4 no 1
>Schubert, Franz : Sehnsucht, D 879/Op. 105 no 4
>Schubert, Franz : Dithyrambe, D 801/Op. 60 no 2
>Schubert, Franz : Greisengesang ("Der Frost hat mir"), song for voice & piano (Vom künftigen Alter), D. 778 (Op. 60/1)
>Schubert, Franz : Nachtstück ("Wenn über Berge sich der Nebel breitet"), song for voice & piano, D. 672 (Op. 36/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Nacht und Träume (Heil'ge Nacht, du sinkest nieder!"), song for voice & piano, D. 827 (Op. 43/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Der Wanderer, D 649/Op. 65 no 2
>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Unruhe (Restless), for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/1
>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Elfenreigen (Elfin Dance), for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/7
>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Sehnsucht, for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/12
>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Romanze (Moderato. Adagio), for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/17
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

It is historically proven, that Franz Schubert himself played the guitar and also accompanied his songs on it. With the support of guitarist Harald Knauss, Rosina Sonnenschmidt and Thomas Pfeiffer take up this musical practice and reward the listener new and unusual impressions of the Lieder from Schubert.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Studio des SWR Tübingen (11/1991).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Schubert, Franz : Am Fenster, D 878/Op 105 no 3
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1826

>Schubert, Franz : Die junge Nonne, D 828/Op. 43 no 1
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1825

>Schubert, Franz : Die Forelle ("In einem Bächlein helle"), song for voice & piano, D. 550 (Op. 32)
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1817

>Schubert, Franz : Erlkönig ("Wer reitet so spät"), song for voice & piano, D. 328 (Op. 1)
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1815

>Schubert, Franz : Ungeduld ("Ich schnitt' es gern"), song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/7 (Op. 25/7)
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1823

>Schubert, Franz : Lebensmelodien, D 395
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1816

>Schubert, Franz : Hänflings Liebeswerbung ("Ahidi, ich liebe"), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 552 (Op. 20/
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 04/1817

>Schubert, Franz : Der Wanderer, D 493/Op. 4 no 1
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1816

>Schubert, Franz : Sehnsucht, D 879/Op. 105 no 4
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Rosina Sonnenschmidt (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1826

>Schubert, Franz : Dithyrambe, D 801/Op. 60 no 2
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Thomas Pfeiffer (Baritone)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1824

>Schubert, Franz : Greisengesang ("Der Frost hat mir"), song for voice & piano (Vom künftigen Alter), D. 778 (Op. 60/1)
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Thomas Pfeiffer (Baritone)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1823

>Schubert, Franz : Nachtstück ("Wenn über Berge sich der Nebel breitet"), song for voice & piano, D. 672 (Op. 36/2)
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Thomas Pfeiffer (Baritone)
  • Notes: Composition written: 10/1819.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 10/1819

>Schubert, Franz : Nacht und Träume (Heil'ge Nacht, du sinkest nieder!"), song for voice & piano, D. 827 (Op. 43/2)
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Thomas Pfeiffer (Baritone)
  • Notes: Composition written: ?1825.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1825

>Schubert, Franz : Der Wanderer, D 649/Op. 65 no 2
  • Performers: Harald Knauss (Guitar); Thomas Pfeiffer (Baritone)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 02/1819

>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Unruhe (Restless), for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/1
  • Performer: Harald Knauss (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Elfenreigen (Elfin Dance), for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/7
  • Performer: Harald Knauss (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Sehnsucht, for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/12
  • Performer: Harald Knauss (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Mertz, Johann Kaspar : Romanze (Moderato. Adagio), for guitar (from Bardenklänge), Op. 13/17
  • Performer: Harald Knauss (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic