Album Remarks & Appraisals:
A landmark collaboration between Nate Wooley and one of his trumpet heroes, Ron Miles, Argonautica is a new project that combines elements of aleatoric and minimalist compositional aesthetics and forces them through the prism of early fusion. Designed as an homage to Ron Miles, Argonautica seeks to find a new way to tell a story begun on the latter's My Cruel Heart from the early '90s.
Landmark collaboration between Nate Wooley and Ron Miles. Debut release on Firehouse 12 Records. Recipient of 2016 FCA Grants to Artists, from the non-profit founded by John Cage and Jasper Johns. Recorded at Firehouse 12 by Chris Reba; mixed and mastered by owner and chief engineer Nick Lloyd. Represented by Pusher Media in NYC; active social media campaigns. Multiple write-ups in New York Times as well as All About Jazz, Brooklyn Vegan, Stereogum, and more.
Pitchfork (Website) - "In the space of the same song, he can provide memorable lines of melody over a swinging beat, then charge off into innovations that expand your understanding of his instrument."
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Tooth And Nail [Digipak] (Morris, Joe)
- The Seven Storey Mountain  (Yeh, C. Spencer)
- Scowl (Smith, Damon)
- Stem [Digipak] (Red Trio)
- The Nows [Digipak] (Lytton, Paul)
- The Seven Storey Mountain  (Grubbs, David)
- (Sit In) The Throne of Friendship [Digipak] (Nate Wooley Sextet)
- Ninth Square [Digipak] (Parker, Evan)