1 800 222 6872

Bruckner: Mass No. 3; Psalm 146; Organ Works / Ania Vegry, soprano; Franziska Gottwald, alto; Clemens Bieber, tenor; Timo Riihonen, bass

Album Summary

>Bruckner, Anton : Mass no 3 in F minor, WAB 28
>Bruckner, Anton : Psalm 146, for soloists, double chorus & orchestra in A major, WAB 37
>Bruckner, Anton : Improvisationsskizze Bad Ischl, for organ (arr. by Edwin Horn)
>Bruckner, Anton : Prelude, for organ in D minor, WAB 130
>Bruckner, Anton : Postlude, for organ in D minor, WAB 126
>Bruckner, Anton : Prelude & fugue, for organ in C minor, WAB 131
>Bruckner, Anton : Fugue, for organ in D minor, WAB 125
>Bruckner, Anton : Prelude (Preg Prelude), for organ in C major, WAB 129
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This new release marks the Ebrach Summer Festival's 25th anniversary with the first two concerts with Gerd Schaller's "Bruckner Trilogy", featuring the Symphony in D Minor and Symphony in F Minor. Months later, Bruckner's Gloria and F Minor Mass followed, showcasing Schaller's impeccable ability to choose a concert venue. The former Cistercian monastery of Ebrach being the venue of choice. Schaller follwed the F Minor Mass with a largely unknown Psalm 146 which only recently premiered in 1971.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Abteikirche Ebrach, ambitus musikproduktion (07/2015); Abteikirche Ebrach, Bayerischer Rundfunk - Studio Frank (07/2015); Abteikirche Ebrach, ambitus musikproduktion (09/2015); Abteikirche Ebrach, Bayerischer Rundfunk - Studio Frank (09/2015).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bruckner, Anton : Mass no 3 in F minor, WAB 28
  • Performers: Clemens Bieber (Tenor); Bernhard Heinrichs (Oboe); Roland Metzger (Viola); Timo Riihonen; Gerd Schaller (Organ); Florian Sonnleitner (Violin); Ania Vergry
  • Conductor: Gerd Schaller
  • Ensemble: Philharmonie Festiva
  • Running Time: 10 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1867-1893
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Bruckner, Anton : Psalm 146, for soloists, double chorus & orchestra in A major, WAB 37
  • Performers: Clemens Bieber (Tenor); Bernhard Heinrichs (Oboe); Roland Metzger (Viola); Timo Riihonen; Gerd Schaller (Organ); Florian Sonnleitner (Violin); Ania Vergry
  • Conductor: Gerd Schaller
  • Ensemble: Philarmonischer Chor München
  • Running Time: 4 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1860
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Bruckner, Anton : Improvisationsskizze Bad Ischl, for organ (arr. by Edwin Horn)
  • Performer: Gerd Schaller (Organ)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Bruckner, Anton : Prelude, for organ in D minor, WAB 130
  • Performer: Gerd Schaller (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1849

>Bruckner, Anton : Postlude, for organ in D minor, WAB 126
  • Performer: Gerd Schaller (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1852

>Bruckner, Anton : Prelude & fugue, for organ in C minor, WAB 131
  • Performer: Gerd Schaller (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1847

>Bruckner, Anton : Fugue, for organ in D minor, WAB 125
  • Performer: Gerd Schaller (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1861

>Bruckner, Anton : Prelude (Preg Prelude), for organ in C major, WAB 129
  • Performer: Gerd Schaller (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1884