1 800 222 6872

Rachmaninov: Songs / Julia Sukmanova, soprano. Elena Sukmanova, piano

Audio Samples

  1. Rachmaninoff — 6 Romances, Op. 4: No. 4, Do Not Sing, My Beauty $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Rachmaninoff — 6 Romances, Op. 8: No. 5, The Dream $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Rachmaninoff — 6 Romances, Op. 8: No. 4, I Have Grown Fond of Sorrow $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Rachmaninoff — 6 Romances, Op. 8: No. 2, Child! Thou Art As Beautiful As a Flower $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 11, Spring Waters $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 9, She Is As Lovely As the Noon $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 6, How Everyone Loves Thee $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 1, I Wait for Thee $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 10, in My Soul $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 3, For Long There Has Been Little Consolation in Love $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 7, Believe Me Not, Friend! $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 2, The Isle $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 4, I Was with Her $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 8, Oh, Do Not Grieve! $0.99 on iTunes
  15. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 14: No. 12, Tis Time! $0.99 on iTunes
  16. Rachmaninoff — 15 Romances, Op. 26: No. 10, Before My Window $0.99 on iTunes
  17. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 21: No. 5, Lilacs $0.99 on iTunes
  18. Rachmaninoff — 12 Romances, Op. 21: No. 6, Fragment from Musset $0.99 on iTunes
  19. Rachmaninoff — 15 Romances, Op. 26: No. 12, Night Is Mournful $0.99 on iTunes
  20. Rachmaninoff — 15 Romances, Op. 26: No. 7, To the Children $0.99 on iTunes
  21. Rachmaninoff — 6 Romances, Op. 38: No. 3, Daisies $0.99 on iTunes
  22. Rachmaninoff — 6 Romances, Op. 38: No. 4, The Rat-Catcher $0.99 on iTunes
  23. Rachmaninoff — 15 Romances, Op. 26: No. 15, All Things Pass $0.99 on iTunes
  24. Rachmaninoff — 6 Romances, Op. 38: No. 6, A-oo $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Georgian Song ("Do not Sing, My Beauty"), for voice & piano, Op. 4/4
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I have grown fond of sorrow, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/4
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Child, thou art as beautiful as a flower, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/2
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Spring waters, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/11
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : She is as lovely as the noon, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/9
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : How everyone loves thee, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/6
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I wait for thee, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/1
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : In my soul, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/10
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : For long there has been little consolation in love, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/3
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Believe me not, friend, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/7
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The Little Island, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/2
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I was with her, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/4
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Oh, do not grieve, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/8
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Tis time, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/12
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Before my window, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/10
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Fragment from Musset, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/6
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Night is mournful, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/12
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : To the children, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/7
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Daisies, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/3
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The rat-catcher, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/4
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : All things pass by, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/15
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : A-oo, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/6
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Sergey Rachmaninov composed 82 songs between the years 1890 and 1916. These gems make up part of the Russian treasure chest of romances. As in all of his songs, the tracks included on this release show Rachmaninov's country, religion, and favorite literature. Performing these works is Julia Sukmanova, accompanied by Elena Sukmanova.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Georgian Song ("Do not Sing, My Beauty"), for voice & piano, Op. 4/4
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Notes: Composition written: 1890-93.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I have grown fond of sorrow, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/4
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Child, thou art as beautiful as a flower, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/2
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Spring waters, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/11
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : She is as lovely as the noon, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/9
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : How everyone loves thee, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/6
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I wait for thee, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/1
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : In my soul, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/10
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : For long there has been little consolation in love, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/3
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Believe me not, friend, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/7
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The Little Island, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/2
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I was with her, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/4
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Oh, do not grieve, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/8
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Tis time, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/12
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Before my window, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/10
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Fragment from Musset, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/6
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Night is mournful, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/12
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : To the children, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/7
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Daisies, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/3
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1916

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The rat-catcher, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/4
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1916

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : All things pass by, song for voice & piano, Op. 26/15
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : A-oo, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/6
  • Performers: Elena Sukmanova (Piano); Julia Sukmanova
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1916