1 800 222 6872

Scarlatti: Piano Sonatas; Rameau & Chopin: Piano works / Rosalind Bieber, piano

Audio Samples

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in E major, K. 380 (L. 23) "Cortège"
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A minor, K 175/L 429
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 119/L 415
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 208/L 238
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 132/L 457
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Fanfarinette, for harpsichord in A major (Nouvelles suites)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Musette en rondeau, for harpsichord in E major (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : La Villageoise, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Tambourin, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 25 in F minor (Nouvelles études no 1), KK IIb/3, CT. 38 (B. 130/1).
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 5 in B flat major, Op. 7/1, CT. 56
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 6 in A minor, Op. 7/2, CT. 57
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 15 in F minor, Op. 55/1, CT. 122
>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2, CT. 213
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Rosalind Bieber comes out of retirement for this outstanding new release. After her promising career was cut short due to a hereditary medical condition which causes loosening of the ligaments, this great artist turned from music to the visual arts, which she still successfully pursues to this day. It is with great physical effort that Bieber has recorded these works from Scarlatti, Rameau and Chopin. Her unique creative mind and her indomitable human spirit shine brilliantly in these recordings. Rosalind's philosophy on art and life is, "bent with the breeze, accidents can be gifts."

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: 08/02/2015.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in E major, K. 380 (L. 23) "Cortège"
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A minor, K 175/L 429
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 119/L 415
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 208/L 238
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 132/L 457
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Fanfarinette, for harpsichord in A major (Nouvelles suites)
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Musette en rondeau, for harpsichord in E major (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : La Villageoise, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode :: 1st Rigaudon & 2nd Rigaudon
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Tambourin, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 25 in F minor (Nouvelles études no 1), KK IIb/3, CT. 38 (B. 130/1).
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839-1840

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 5 in B flat major, Op. 7/1, CT. 56
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 6 in A minor, Op. 7/2, CT. 57
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 15 in F minor, Op. 55/1, CT. 122
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1844

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2, CT. 213
  • Performer: Rosalind Bieber (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846-1847