1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: The 9 Symphonies / Berlin Philharmonic, Herbert von Karajan (The legendary 1963 cycle remastered at true 24-bit/96kHz) [1 Blu-ray Audio]

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Karajan recorded the Complete Symphonies of Beethoven no fewer than 4 times for DG, but this first 1963 recording with the Berlin Philharmonic was the most daring and commercially the most successful. The cycle is now available on Blu-Ray audio in its latest 24 bit/96 kHz remastering, plus a rehearsal of the Ninth Symphony. It is presented in a deluxe 56-page hardback book featuring original cover art and a brilliant article by Karajan's biographer Richard Osborne on the famous cycle.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Berlin, Jesus-Christus-Kirche (01/1962); Berlin, Jesus-Christus-Kirche (02/1962); Berlin, Jesus-Christus-Kirche (03/1962); Berlin, Jesus-Christus-Kirche (10/1962/11/1962); Berlin, Jesus-Christus-Kirche (12/1961).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Ensemble: Berlin Philharmonic
  • Running Time: 24 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 30 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 49 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 30 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 30 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 35 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 33 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 25 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Performers: Walter Berry (Bass Baritone); Gundula Janowitz; Waldemar Kmentt (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 95 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824