1 800 222 6872

A Musical Journey Around Europe - Early Keyboard Music by J.S. Bach, Handel, Haydn, Mozart & Scarlatti / Richard Lester, harpsichord; Elizabeth Lester, recorder

Album Summary

>Luzzaschi, Luzzasco : Toccata del Quarto Tono for organ
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon terza
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon prima
>Merulo, Claudio : Toccata for organ no 1 in tone 1 (Toccate d'intavolatura d'organo, Book 1)
>Sweelinck, Jan Pieterszoon : Mein junges Leben hat ein End, variations for keyboard, SwWV 324
>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Toccata (no 3), for keyboard in G major, FbWV 103
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata in D major, BWV 912
>Couperin, Louis : La Piémontoise, for harpsichord in A minor (Pièces de clavecin, no 102)
>Couperin, Louis : Passacaille for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 27)
>Couperin, François : Soeur Monique, for harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin, III, 18e ordre)
>Couperin, François : Les Baricades mistérieuses, for harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin, II, 6e ordre)
>Handel, George Frideric : Air and Variations for Harpsichord
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 146/L 349
>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 50 in G minor (Allegro)
>Paradies, Domenico : Toccata for harpsichord in A major
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sonata for Keyboard no 50 in D major, H 16 no 37
>Soler, Antonio : Keyboard Sonata in G major (Allegro), R. 45
>Soler, Antonio : Keyboard Sonata in D minor (Allegretto), R. 15
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (12) for Piano in C major on "Ah vous dirai-je maman", K 265 (300e)
Performers Composers
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >

Notes & Reviews:

Keyboardist Richard Lester has been the top performer of early keyboard music for many years. This release takes the listener on an aural journey across Europe, with compositions hailing from France, Italy, Germany, and more. Composers featured include Luzzaschi, Frescobaldi, Mozart, Bach, Handel, and more. Lester is joined for this recording of Frescobaldi's "Girolamo" by Elizabeth Lester on Renaissance Recorder.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Luzzaschi, Luzzasco : Toccata del Quarto Tono for organ
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon terza
  • Performers: Flute] Elizabeth Lester [Recorder (Recorder); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon prima
  • Performers: Flute] Elizabeth Lester [Recorder (Recorder); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Merulo, Claudio : Toccata for organ no 1 in tone 1 (Toccate d'intavolatura d'organo, Book 1)
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Sweelinck, Jan Pieterszoon : Mein junges Leben hat ein End, variations for keyboard, SwWV 324
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Froberger, Johann Jacob : Toccata (no 3), for keyboard in G major, FbWV 103
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1649

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata in D major, BWV 912
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Couperin, Louis : La Piémontoise, for harpsichord in A minor (Pièces de clavecin, no 102)
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Couperin, Louis : Passacaille for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 27)
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Couperin, François : Soeur Monique, for harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin, III, 18e ordre)
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Couperin, François : Les Baricades mistérieuses, for harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin, II, 6e ordre)
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1716-1717

>Handel, George Frideric : Air and Variations for Harpsichord
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 146/L 349
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1720

>Seixas, Carlos de : Keyboard Sonata no 50 in G minor (Allegro)
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Paradies, Domenico : Toccata for harpsichord in A major
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sonata for Keyboard no 50 in D major, H 16 no 37
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: by 01/31/1780

>Soler, Antonio : Keyboard Sonata in G major (Allegro), R. 45
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Soler, Antonio : Keyboard Sonata in D minor (Allegretto), R. 15
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (12) for Piano in C major on "Ah vous dirai-je maman", K 265 (300e)
  • Performers: Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Fortepiano); Fortepiano] Richard Lester [Harpsichord (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1778