1 800 222 6872

Strauss: Four Last Songs, 15 Lieder / Bonney, Martineau

Album Summary

>Strauss, Richard : Songs (8) from "Letzte Blätter" for voice & piano, Op. 10 (TrV 141)
>Strauss, Richard : Ruhe, meine Seele ("Nicht ein Lüftchen regt sich leise"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
>Strauss, Richard : Das Rosenband ("Im Frühlingsschatten fand ich sie"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 36/1
>Strauss, Richard : Meinem Kinde ("Du schläfst und sachte neig' ich mich"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 3
>Strauss, Richard : Wiegenlied ("Träume, träume, du mein süsses Leben"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 41/1
>Strauss, Richard : Muttertändelei ("Seht mir doch mein schönes Kind"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 43/2
>Strauss, Richard : Freundliche Vision ("Nicht im Schlafe hab' ich das geträumt"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra)
>Strauss, Richard : Four Last Songs, AV 150
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Overshadowed by his large scale tone poems and operas, Strauss' songs have remained the province of his most ardent followers. But there is no doubt that his large output of Lieder contains some of his finest music, individual gems that were produced throughout his entire career. The "Four Last Songs" performance on this disc is the seldom recorded piano version by Max Wolff.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Strauss, Richard : Songs (8) from "Letzte Blätter" for voice & piano, Op. 10 (TrV 141)
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Ruhe, meine Seele ("Nicht ein Lüftchen regt sich leise"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Strauss, Richard : Das Rosenband ("Im Frühlingsschatten fand ich sie"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 36/1
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1897

>Strauss, Richard : Meinem Kinde ("Du schläfst und sachte neig' ich mich"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 3
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1897

>Strauss, Richard : Wiegenlied ("Träume, träume, du mein süsses Leben"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 41/1
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1899

>Strauss, Richard : Muttertändelei ("Seht mir doch mein schönes Kind"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 43/2
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1899

>Strauss, Richard : Freundliche Vision ("Nicht im Schlafe hab' ich das geträumt"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra)
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1900

>Strauss, Richard : Four Last Songs, AV 150
  • Performers: Barbara Bonney; Malcolm Martineau (Piano)
  • Notes: Studio 1, The Warehouse, London, England (06/07/1998-06/21/1998)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1948