- Rachmaninoff — Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 27: I. Largo - Allegro moderato (Live)
- Rachmaninoff — Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 27: II. Allegro molto (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rachmaninoff — Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 27: III. Adagio (Live)
- Rachmaninoff — Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 27: IV. Allegro vivace (Live)
Notes & Reviews:
Russian pianist, composer, and conductor Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873-1943) is regarded as one of the most important and influential composers of the twentieth century. He composed his Symphony No. 2 in E minor, Op. 27 in 1906-1907. Rachmaninoff's second symphony premiered in St. Petersburg on February 8, 1908, with the composer conducting. Originally, the work was dedicated to Sergei Taneyev, a Russian composer and teacher who studied under Tchaikovsky. The Second Symphony is one of Rachmaninoff's most popular works. The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra is conducted for this recording by Chief Conductor Mariss Jansons, who served the orchestra from 2004 until 2015. He conducted his final concert with the orchestra in the presence of Queen Maxima.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsRachmaninov, Sergey : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27
- Conductor: Mariss Jansons
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Notes: Concertgebouw Amsterdam (2010-01-28_2010-01-29&2010-)
- Running Time: 55 min. 8 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1906-1907
- Studio/Live: Live