Paste (magazine) (p.58) - "[T]his album is almost as strong as the band's debut....[With] smart cover choices..."
The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, harmonica, Hammond organ, tambourine); George Harrison (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Paul McCartney (vocals, piano, electric bass, claves); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums, bongos, maracas).
Additional personnel: George Martin (piano).
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, England from July to October 1963.
Includes liner notes by Tony Barrow.
This is the one that turned the world upside-down. Released as its creators evolved from pop group to phenomenon, WITH THE BEATLES both affirmed promise and proclaimed genius. A slew of memorable Lennon/McCartney compositions embraced pop at its most multi-faceted, robust, melancholic, excited, and wistful. Their grasp of melody and harmony startled, yet for every unusual chord sequence employed, the Beatles' vigor and sense of purpose remained true. Influences and mentors were acknowledged by a handful of cover versions, but the strength of the album lies in the group's own creations. WITH THE BEATLES freed artists to record their own material, and the course of pop was irrevocably changed.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Fried Glass Onions: Memphis Meets the Beatles, Vol (Various Artists)
- Tropical Tribute to the Beatles (Various Artists)
- Hello, Goodbye: Songs the Beatles Gave Away (Various Artists)
- Stax Does the Beatles (Various Artists)
- Andy Timmons Band Plays Sgt. Pepper (Timmons, Andy)
- Liddypool: Who Put the Beat in the Beatles? (Various Artists)
- Sing the Beatles (Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint-M)
- Try to Remember/The Brothers Four Sing Lennon-McCa (Brothers Four (The))
- Lieb Plays the Beatles (Liebman, David)
- All Your Life: A Tribute to the Beatles Recorded a (DiMeola, Al)
- Glee: Sings the Beatles (Glee)
- Blackbird: The Beatles Album (Karadaglic, Milos (Guitar))