Q (8/89) - Included in Q Magazine's "Best Psychedelic Albums of All Time" issue.
Q (8/99, p.138) - "...the weirdest beast in the entire Beatles catalogue....As good an indicator as any that all the madness was about to end. It had to."
Paste (magazine) (p.60) - "With much better material and no forced concept to weigh down the proceedings, Martin's production work shines, particularly on the Lennon tracks."
The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, harmonica, piano, harpsichord, organ, clavioline, Mellotron, maracas, tambourine, tape loops); George Harrison (vocals, guitar, violin, harmonica, Hammond organ, timpani, congas, firebell, tambourine, tabla); Paul McCartney (vocals, guitar, flute, recorder, piano, acoustic & electric basses, bongos, congas); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums, maracas, tambourine, finger cymbals, tape loops).
Additional personnel includes: Dave Mason (piccolo, trumpet); Philip Jones (trumpet); George Martin (piano); Mal Evans (tambourine); Mick Jagger, Gary Leeds, Keith Richards, Marianne Faithfull, Jane Asher, Patti Harrison, Keith Moon, Graham Nash (background vocals).
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, Olympic Sound Studios, De Lane Lea and Chappell Recording Studios, London, England between November 24, 1966 and November 7, 1967.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Fried Glass Onions: Memphis Meets the Beatles, Vol (Various Artists)
- Tropical Tribute to the Beatles (Various Artists)
- Hello, Goodbye: Songs the Beatles Gave Away (Various Artists)
- Stax Does the Beatles (Various Artists)
- Andy Timmons Band Plays Sgt. Pepper (Timmons, Andy)
- Liddypool: Who Put the Beat in the Beatles? (Various Artists)
- Sing the Beatles (Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint-M)
- Try to Remember/The Brothers Four Sing Lennon-McCa (Brothers Four (The))
- Lieb Plays the Beatles (Liebman, David)
- All Your Life: A Tribute to the Beatles Recorded a (DiMeola, Al)
- Glee: Sings the Beatles (Glee)
- Blackbird: The Beatles Album (Karadaglic, Milos (Guitar))