Personnel: Art Farmer (trumpet, flugelhorn).
Some of the finer CTI recordings of the late '70s were those led by flugelhornist Art Farmer. Although the emphasis was generally on obscure material (in this case Farmer plays one original, two songs by Dave Grusin and one piece by pianist Fritz Pauer) and often featured musicians who did not normally play together, the results were generally quite rewarding. For this CTI LP (long out-of-print), the focus is almost entirely on Farmer who is joined by keyboardist Grusin, guitarist Eric Gale, flutist Jeremy Steig, either Will Lee or George Mraz on bass and drummer Steve Gadd. The moody music holds one's interest throughout. ~ Scott Yanow
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Complete Studio Recordings (McKusick, Hal)
- Three Trumpets (Byrd, Donald)
- In Stockholm & Hollywood 1959 (Mulligan, Gerry)
- Swiss Radio Days Jazz Live Trio Concert Series, Vo (Jordan, Clifford)
- Art Farmer Quintet Featuring Gigi Gryce (Gryce, Gigi)
- Complete Jam Sessions [Bonus Tracks] [Remastered] (Ammons, Gene)
- On Line (Raiff, Guy)