1 800 222 6872

Melchior Vulpius (1507-1615): Sacred Music, Motets / René Michael Röder, Capella Daleminzia; Vocalconsort Waldheim

Album Summary

>Vulpius, Melchior : Exullent et laetentur in te, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 29)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Coecus quidam sedebat iuxta viam, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 30)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Exaltabo te Domine, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 31)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Quem vidistis pastores, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 32)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Deus spes nostra, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 33)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Corde natus ex parentis, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 34)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Fit porta Christi, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 35)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Exultate Deo, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 36)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Non est bonum hominem esse solum, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 37)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Surrexit pastor bonus, for 9 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 38)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Angelus ad Pastores ait, for 10 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 39)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Pater noster, for 10 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 40)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Gloria, laus & honor, for 12 Voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 41)
>Vulpius, Melchior : In convertendo Dominus captivitatem Zion, for 12 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 42)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Multae filiae congregaverunt divitias, for 13 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 43)
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

In 1596, the Wasungen-born Melchior Vulpius was called to Weimar as the cantor, music and Latin teacher at the municipal school and the St. Peter and Paul Parish Church (Stadtkirche). Thus he became the highest ranking Ernestine church musician and the expectations of him were equally high. Within some years, he created a considerable repertoire, which he published from 1602 onwards. He released a new collection almost every year until his early death in 1615 aged 45. Many of these collections found their way to the cantorial library in the little Saxon town of Waldheim where they were preserved until today. Since 2002, this musical heritage has been investigated and gradually made accessible to the public once more. Waldheim's cantor Rene Michael Roder and Capella Daleminzia directed by him now release a series with the complete works by Vulpius. This release is the second volume in the series, and contains the motets for eight to thirteen parts of the Cantiones Sacrae I, thus completing the recording of Vulpius' first published collection of works. The nine-part motet "Surrexit pastor bonus" for Easter Monday is the only one in this collection to be sung by four choirs and contains another special feature. While Choir 1 sings the Latin text, the Choirs 2, 3, and 4 contrast this with hymn in German language. Furthermore, the choirs should be placed in a quadrophonic manner if possible.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Vulpius, Melchior : Exullent et laetentur in te, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 29)
  • Performer: Susanne Roder
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Coecus quidam sedebat iuxta viam, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 30)
  • Performer: Susanne Roder
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Exaltabo te Domine, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 31)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Quem vidistis pastores, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 32)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Deus spes nostra, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 33)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Corde natus ex parentis, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 34)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Fit porta Christi, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 35)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Exultate Deo, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 36)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Non est bonum hominem esse solum, for 8 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 37)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Surrexit pastor bonus, for 9 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 38)
  • Performer: Susanne Roder
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Angelus ad Pastores ait, for 10 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 39)
  • Performer: Markus Hantzschel
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Vulpius, Melchior : Pater noster, for 10 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 40)
  • Performer: Markus Hantzschel
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Gloria, laus & honor, for 12 Voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 41)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : In convertendo Dominus captivitatem Zion, for 12 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 42)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Vulpius, Melchior : Multae filiae congregaverunt divitias, for 13 voices (Cantiones Sacrae I, 43)
  • Conductor: Rene Roder
  • Ensemble: Capella Daleminzia
  • Notes: St. Nikolai Grunlichtenberg (07/01/2015-07/08/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral