1 800 222 6872

'Schumannia': Schumann Instrumental Works & Song Transcriptions for cello & piano incl. Fantasiestucke, Op. 73; Romances, Op. 94 / Guido Schiefen, cello; Markus Kreul, piano

Album Summary

>Schumann, Robert : Phantasiestücke (3 Fantasy Pieces) for clarinet (or cello or violin) & piano, Op. 73
>Schumann, Robert : 12 Klavierstücke für kleine und große Kinder Op. 85
>Schumann, Robert : Stücke im Volkston (5) for cello (or violin) & piano, Op. 102
>Schumann, Robert : Herzeleid ("Die Weiden lassen matt die Zweige hangen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 107/1
>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
>Schumann, Robert : Romances (3) for Oboe and Piano, Op. 94
>Schumann, Robert : Sängers Trost ("Weint auch einst kein Liebchen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 127/1
>Schumann, Robert : Zwielicht ("Dämm'rung will die Flügel spreiten"), song for voice & piano (Liederkreis), Op. 39/10
>Schumann, Robert : Adagio and Allegro for Cello and Piano in A flat major, Op. 70
>Schumann, Robert : Mondnacht ("Es war als hätt der Himmel..."), song for voice & piano (Liederkreis), Op. 39/5
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Schumannia - No better title could have been selected for this SACD! Guido Schiefen and Markus Kreul present Robert Schumann's works for cello and piano. The fact that the composer originally intended only his "Stücke im Volkston" for these instruments is hardly detrimental to this enterprise - but just the opposite! Schiefen's highly imaginative, multifaceted, and virtuosic cello playing with excellent bowing enables the listener to experience Schumann's chamber music in a very special way and enhances these wonderful songs without words with superb new magic.

The duo members also display their great class in the "Fantasy Pieces" and the "Three Romances." Here absolutely manic enthusiasm for romanticism sparklingly radiates from each and every measure - a gripping musical experience captured on a finely balanced Super Audio CD - just like the real thing and of course in three dimensions. This dual layer hybrid SACD is playable on all CD players.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Schumann, Robert : Phantasiestücke (3 Fantasy Pieces) for clarinet (or cello or violin) & piano, Op. 73
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849

>Schumann, Robert : 12 Klavierstücke für kleine und große Kinder Op. 85 :: Abendlied, Version for violoncello and piano
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849

>Schumann, Robert : Stücke im Volkston (5) for cello (or violin) & piano, Op. 102
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849

>Schumann, Robert : Herzeleid ("Die Weiden lassen matt die Zweige hangen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 107/1
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851-1852

>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1840

>Schumann, Robert : Romances (3) for Oboe and Piano, Op. 94
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849

>Schumann, Robert : Sängers Trost ("Weint auch einst kein Liebchen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 127/1
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Schumann, Robert : Zwielicht ("Dämm'rung will die Flügel spreiten"), song for voice & piano (Liederkreis), Op. 39/10
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Schumann, Robert : Adagio and Allegro for Cello and Piano in A flat major, Op. 70
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849

>Schumann, Robert : Mondnacht ("Es war als hätt der Himmel..."), song for voice & piano (Liederkreis), Op. 39/5
  • Performers: Markus Kreul (Piano); Guido Schiefen (Cello)
  • Notes: Konzerthaus der Abtei Marienmünster (03/07/2016-03/09/2016)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1840