1 800 222 6872

György Kurtág: Complete String Quartets / Quatuor Molinari

Album Summary

>Kurtág, György : Quartet for Strings Op. 1
>Kurtág, György : Hommage à Mihály András, 12 microludes for string quartet, Op. 13
>Kurtág, György : Officium breve in memoriam Andreae Szervßnszky, for string quartet, Op. 28
>Kurtág, György : Aus der Ferne no 3, for string quartet
>Kurtág, György : Aus der Ferne no 5, for string quartet
>Kurtág, György : Hommage à Jacob Obrecht, for string quartet
>Kurtág, György : Moments musicaux (6), for string quartet, Op. 44
>Kurtág, György : Arioso, Hommmage à Walter Levin 85 In Alban Berg's Manier
Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

In recent years, 90-year-old Hungarian composer Gyorgy Kurtag has devoted his efforts almost entirely to the composition of chamber music. On this new release, the Molinari Quartet presents Kurtag's entire string quartet catalog. Gyorgy Kurtag has been strongly influenced by the Vienna School, particularly Webern and Schoenberg, as well as Pierre Boulez. His first string quartet was composed in 1959 and was the first groundbreaking piece in his career. The series of quartets which followed was largely dedicated to composers, performers, and friends who he admired. "Kurtag's music is always very personal, immediately recognizable, and stamped with characteristic depth and expression." (Olga Ranzenhofer, Molinari Quartet)

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Eglise Saint-Augustin, Mirabel, (Québec), Canada (12/2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Kurtág, György : Quartet for Strings Op. 1
  • Ensemble: Quatuor Molinari
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1959

>Kurtág, György : Hommage à Mihály András, 12 microludes for string quartet, Op. 13
  • Running Time: 9 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1978

>Kurtág, György : Officium breve in memoriam Andreae Szervßnszky, for string quartet, Op. 28
  • Running Time: 12 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1989

>Kurtág, György : Aus der Ferne no 3, for string quartet
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1991

>Kurtág, György : Aus der Ferne no 5, for string quartet
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1999

>Kurtág, György : Hommage à Jacob Obrecht, for string quartet
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 2004-2005

>Kurtág, György : Moments musicaux (6), for string quartet, Op. 44
  • Running Time: 12 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 2005

>Kurtág, György : Arioso, Hommmage à Walter Levin 85 In Alban Berg's Manier :: Adagio
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 2009