- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: I. Ziemlich schnell
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: II. Feierlich, etwas bewegt
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: III. Scherzo. Schnell $0.99 on iTunes
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, WAB 102: IV. Finale. Mehr schnell
- Bruckner — Komm, sÃ¼sser Tod, BWV 478 (Arr. L. Stokowski) $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
With the release of Symphony No. 2 performed by the Orchestre Métropolitain under the direction of Yannick Nézet-Séguin, ATMA Classique continues its cycle of the complete symphonies of Anton Bruckner. Nézet-Séguin was recently appointed Music Director of the Metropolitan Opera in New York, a post he will assume in 2020. The previous recordings of Bruckner’s symphonies by the OM/YNS team have won unanimous praise from critics worldwide, and have established Yannick Nézet-Séguin as a brilliant conductor of Bruckner. “This is a very beautiful Bruckner Fourth Symphony, by an increasingly interesting Bruckner conductor. It's refreshing to hear Bruckner's orchestral writing brought to life on so many levels, captured faithfully by the recording.” — BBC Music Magazine Bonus track: Leopold Stokowski’s orchestration of the sacred piece “Komm, süsser Tod, komm, selge Ruth”, (“Come, Sweet Death, Come, Blessed Rest”) BWV 478 by J.S. Bach is also included exclusively on the digital version of the album.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Maison symphonique, Montréal (Québec) Canada (09/2015).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 2 in C minor, WAB 102
- Conductor: Yannick Nézet-Séguin
- Ensemble: Metropolitan Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1871-76.
- Running Time: 61 min. 3 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1871-1876
- Studio/Live: Live