- Berlioz — Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14, H. 48: I. Rêveries-passions (Live)
- Berlioz — Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14, H. 48: II. Un bal (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Berlioz — Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14, H. 48: III. Scène aux champs (Live)
- Berlioz — Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14, H. 48: IV. Marche au supplice (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
This release marks the beginning of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's relationship with Daniele Gatti, the ensemble's seventh chief conductor. Gatti brings an unconventional interpretation to this legendary score, which evokes the same astonishment that audiences surely experienced at Berlioz's 1830 premiere of the piece. A sense of surprise and newness, and the joy of making music together is easily heard in this recording- all of the traits that caused the members of RCO to choose Gatti as their new conductor. Milan-born Daniele Gatti has served as principal conductor of the Orchestra DellAccademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia in Rome, as music director of the Orchestra del Teatro Comunale di Bologna, and principal guest conductor of the Royal Opera House. He was also recently appointed Artistic Advisor of the Mahler Chamber Orchestra. "Gatti takes nothing for granted." (Trouw) "Daniele Gatti's unconventionality is exciting," (NRC)Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Concertgebouw Amsterdam (2016-03-31&2016-04-01&2016-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBerlioz, Hector : Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
- Conductor: Daniele Gatti
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam
- Notes: Concertgebouw Amsterdam (2016-03-31&2016-04-01&2016-)
- Running Time: 57 min. 31 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 04/1830
- Studio/Live: Live