- Colin Balzer (Tenor)
- Sigrid Plundrich (Soprano)
- Mary-Ellen Nesi (Mezzo Soprano)
- Simon Tischler (Bass Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
This live recording of Beethoven's 9th Symphony completes the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra's cycle of Beethoven symphonies, which began almost two decades ago. With this release, Tafelmusik will become the first North American orchestra to record all of Beethoven's nine symphonies on period instruments. From February 4 through 7, 2016, a series of sold-out, critically recognized performances took place in Toronto's Koerner Hall. Under the baton of Bruno Weil who led the orchestra and choir, this recording was made. Soloists include Sigrid Plundrich, Mary-Ellen Nesi, Colin Balzer, and Simon Tischler. "We approach the Beethoven concerts and recording as if they were the very first performances, as though the music had been composed yesterday. This is the real thing- there's no sense of routine withTafelmusik musicians and everybody's playing with a full heart and a full soul and spirit. That is the secret to a great performance." (Maestro Weil)Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Koerner Hall, TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning (02/04/2016-02/07/2016).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
- Performers: Colin Balzer (Tenor); Sigrid Plundrich (Soprano); Mary-Ellen Nesi (Mezzo Soprano); Simon Tischler (Bass Baritone)
- Conductor: Weil Bruno
- Ensemble: Tafelmusick Baroque Orchestra
- Notes: Koerner Hall, TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning, The Royal Conservatory, Toronto, Canada (02/04/2016-02/07/2016)
- Running Time: 42 min. 12 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1824
- Studio/Live: Live