- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": I. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso (Live)
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": II. Molto vivace (Live)
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": III. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante moderato (Live)
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": IV. Finale. Presto - Allegro molto assai - Andante maestoso - Allegro energico, sempre ben marcato (Live)
Notes & Reviews:
This live recording was performed at Princeton University in celebration of the 100th birthday of scholar, philanthropist and human rights advocate William H. Scheide. The subject of PBS's television special Ode to Joy will air nationally on local PBjS stations. Recognized as one of the world's leading choral ensembles, the Westminster Symphonic Choir has recorded and performed with major orchestras under virtually every internationally acclaimed conductor of our era. Prepared for this performance by Joe Miller, director of the choral activities at Westminster Choir College, the ensemble is composed of students at Westminster Choir College of Rider University. Mark Laycock made his conducting debut at age 21 with the Philadelphia Orchestra. Since then he has conducted more than 2,000 works with a wide array of orchestras and opera companies in Europe, Asia, Israel and North America. He has appeared on numerous occasions with the Philadelphia Orchestra, Montreal Symphony Orchestra and the English Chamber Orchestra, among others.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall, Princeton Univ (01/25/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Beethoven: Piano Concerto no 5, Choral Fantasy / Brendel
Beethoven: Missa Solemnis / Laura Aiken, Bernarda Fink, Johannes Chum, Ruben Drole. Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Arnold Schoenberg Chor, Concentus Musicus Wien
Beethoven: 6 'Name' Piano Sonatas; Für Elise; Piano Concerto No. 5 "Emperor" / Artur Schnabel, piano
Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 / Sigrid Plundrich, soprano; Mary-Ellen Nesi, mezzo-soprano; Colin Balzer, tenor; Simon Tischler, bass. Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
- Performers: William Burden (Tenor); Mark Doss (Bass Baritone); Ah Hong (Voice); Leah Wool (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Mark Laycock
- Ensemble: Vienna Chamber Orchestra
- Running Time: 47 min. 30 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1824
- Studio/Live: Live