- My Favorite Things (feat. Joe Murphy, Barry Green, Paul Carrol Binkley & Bob Mater) $0.99 on iTunes
- Theme for Malcolm (feat. Barry Green) $0.99 on iTunes
- Strange Thing (feat. Richard Perry & Jim Ferguson) $0.99 on iTunes
- Hey Man! (feat. Steve Willets, Richard Perry & Bob Mater) $0.99 on iTunes
- Gregory Is Here (feat. Marcus Dickman & Paul Carrol Binkley) $0.99 on iTunes
- Pearl Casters (feat. Barry Green & Paul Carrol Binkley) $0.99 on iTunes
- This Masquerade (feat. Marcus Dickman) $0.99 on iTunes
- Georgia on My Mind (feat. R. Winston Morris, Richard Perry, Joe Murphy & Paul Carrol Binkley) $0.99 on iTunes
- Pick Up the Pieces (feat. William Huber, Joe Murphy & Bob Mater) $0.99 on iTunes
- Kool Kube (feat. Steve Willets, Richard Perry & Jim Ferguson) $0.99 on iTunes
- Sing, Sing, Sing (feat. Joe Murphy, William Huber & Bob Mater) $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Barely two years old and the Modern Jazz Tuba Project has already produced a critically acclaimed recording (Live at the Bottom Line, Heartdance Music HDM-1090, reissued 2016: Mark Masters 52233-MCD) and presented performances at the Great American Brass Band Festival in Danville, Kentucky, the U.S. Army Band Tuba Conference in Washington, D.C., the Midwest International Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago and at the International Tuba Conference in Greensboro, N.C. as well as various jazz festivals and other venues. With this second recording, the Modern Jazz Tuba Project continues to push the jazz threshold of what anyone might reasonably expect from a band comprised of a horn line with 6 of the biggest horns you can get. OK, so we’re talking about tubas. The simple fact is that no one, not anyone, who has heard MJT live or in recording has dwelled on the make-up of the band which is exactly the way it should be. MJT is not in the tuba business, but the music business. Regardless of your instrumental proclivity, we’re willing to bet the farm that within eleven seconds of dropping the needle on any track on Favorite Things you will be oblivious to any consideration of instrumentation.
Personnel: Paul Carrol Binkley (guitar); William Huber, Marcus Dickman, Barry Green (euphonium); R. Winston Morris, Joe Murphy, Richard Perry (tuba); Steve Willets (piano); Bob Mater (drums).
Liner Note Author: R. Winston Morris.
Recording information: Heartdance Studios, Nashville, Tennessee (06/06/2002-06/07/2002).
Photographers: Renee Morris ; Brad Hopkins.