- Gebel — String Quintet No. 8 in B-Flat Major, Op. 27: I. Allegro agitato $0.99 on iTunes
- Gebel — String Quintet No. 8 in B-Flat Major, Op. 27: II. Adagio espressivo $0.99 on iTunes
- Gebel — String Quintet No. 8 in B-Flat Major, Op. 27: III. Scherzo. Allegro $0.99 on iTunes
- Gebel — String Quintet No. 8 in B-Flat Major, Op. 27: IV. Finale. Andante - Allegro $0.99 on iTunes
- Gebel — Cello Sonata in E-Flat Major: I. Allegro
- Gebel — Cello Sonata in E-Flat Major: II. Romance. Adagio $0.99 on iTunes
- Gebel — Cello Sonata in E-Flat Major: III. Scherzo. Allegro moderato $0.99 on iTunes
- Gebel — Cello Sonata in E-Flat Major: IV. Allegro ma non troppo $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Franz Xaver Gebel was born in Furstenau near Breslau in 1787 and received his musical education in Vienna, as did many of his Silesian peers. His list of teachers included Abbe Vogler and Johann Georg Albrechtsberger. In Vienna, Gebel was engaged at first as the director of music at the Theater in Leopoldstadt and published some compositions including the Great Sonata for pianoforte and violoncello. After working as a director of music in Vienna, Pest, Hermannstadt, and Lemberg, he ended up in Moscow in 1817, where he spent the rest of his life and gave private lessons for piano and compositions. Subscribers to Gebel's evenings of chamber music had purchased tickets to what was probably the first public chamber concerts in Moscow, where they heard sophisticated pieces by Ludwig van Beethoven as well as quartets and quintets by Gebel himself. Almost 20 years after Gebel's death, the String Quintet No. 8 and the Double Quintet Op. 28 were published at the Julius Schuberth publishing house in Leipzig. This release is a world premiere recording of the String Quintet No. 8 and the Cello Sonata.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Andreas-Kirche, Berlin, Germany (2015).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
The Cardinal King - Music for Henry Benedict Stuart in Rome, 1740-91; Works by Bolis, Sebastieno; Costanzi, Jommelli, Tessarini, Zamboni / Cappella Fede; Harmonia Sacra
Silent Night: Traditional Christmas Music / Concilium Musicum, Vienna
Giovanni Paisiello (1740-1816): La Grotta di Trofonio / Angela Nisi; Daniela Mazzucato; Matteo Mezzaro; Domenico Colaianni; Roberto Scandiuzzi; Benedetta Mazzucato; Giuseppe Grazioli, Orchestra Internazionale d'Italia
Sigismund Neukomm (1778-1858): Requiem in Memory of Louis 16th / Yasmina Favre, Choir de Chambre de Namur; Jean-Claude Malgoire, La Grande Ecurie et la Chambre du Roy; Robert Getchell; Clemence Tilquin; Alin Buet
Handel: Concerti grossi; Van Wassenaer: Concerti armonici / Ton Koopman, Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra
Leopold Kozeluch (1747-1818): Piano Concertos Nos. 1, 5 & 6; "The Classical Piano Concerto Vol. 4" / Howard Shelley, piano; London Mozart Players
Flemish Baroque Treasures Unveiled; "In Flanders' Fields, Vol. 93" / Willem Gommaar Kennis; Christoffe Drymans; Bart Rodyns, Utopia & Euterpe Baroque Consort
Antonio Caldara (1670-1736): Music for the Praise of Mary - Salve Regina / Frank Markowitsch, Vokalakademie Berlin; Bassano Ensemble Berlin
Antonio Soler (1729-1783): 6 Concertos for 2 Harpsichords / Agustin Alvarez Martinez, harpsichord; Eusebio Fernandez-Villacanas Martin, harpsichord
Works DetailsGebel, Franz Xaver : String Quintet for cello & string quartet no 8 in B flat major, Op. 27
- Performer: Martin Fritz (Cello)
- Ensemble: Hoffmeister Quartet
- Running Time: 27 min. 9 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
Gebel, Franz Xaver : Sonata for cello & piano in E flat major
- Performers: Beni Araki (Fortepiano); Martin Seemann (Cello)
- Running Time: 30 min. 39 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic