- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": I. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": II. Molto vivace
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": III. Adagio molto e cantabile
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": IVa. Presto $0.99 on iTunes
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": IVb. "Ode to Joy"
Notes & Reviews:
The Colorado Symphony is proud to release a special recording in partnership with Neumann Microphones. Recorded over a thrilling 2014/15 Colorado Symphony Season Opening weekend, this transcription of one of Beethoven's most recognized and beloved works can now be yours to enjoy! This album features a star-studded cast of vocalists with the Colorado Symphony conducted by Andrew Litton, in addition to the world-renowned Colorado Symphony Chorus - which celebrated their 30th anniversary season at the time of the recording. Over 4,000 people were captivated by this tremendous work during the live performance. Now you can experience these moving works in a new, multi-channel recording specially produced by multi-Grammy Award winning producer Leslie Ann Jones and by Wolfgang Fraissinet, President of Neumann Microphones. Over sixty-six microphones and a German-made Stagetec Aurus digital mixing console were used to capture the virtuosic depth of this performance in exquisite detail. Every nuance and note have been captured for your listening pleasure.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Boettcher Concert Hall, Denver, Colorado (09/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
- Conductor: Andrew Litton
- Ensemble: Colorado Symphony Chorus
- Running Time: 65 min. 32 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1824
- Studio/Live: Live