- Chopin, Hummel, Liszt & Babajanian — Andante spianato et Grande polonaise brillante, Op. 22
- Chopin, Hummel, Liszt & Babajanian — Piano Sonata No. 2 "Hypnosis"
- Chopin, Hummel, Liszt & Babajanian — Années de pèlerinage II, S. 161: No. 7, Après une lecture du Dante. Fantasia quasi una sonata
- Chopin, Hummel, Liszt & Babajanian — Polyphonic Sonata: I. Prelude. Vivo $0.99 on iTunes
- Chopin, Hummel, Liszt & Babajanian — Polyphonic Sonata: II. Fugue. Andante sostenuto $0.99 on iTunes
- Chopin, Hummel, Liszt & Babajanian — Polyphonic Sonata: III. Toccata. Allegro vivace $0.99 on iTunes
- Chopin, Hummel, Liszt & Babajanian — Atavistic Music (Improvisation) $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
On this CD, Angela Cholakian, who has become a synonym for passionate performances of new discoveries and original, radical interpretations of Romantic works, shows her creative talent in both these genres in a fascinating combination. Chopin and Liszt are contrasted with Babajanian's obsessive "Polyphonic Sonata" and Hummel's meditative, virtuoso Piano Sonata "Hypnosis". Cholakian's emotionality radiates through every bar. "Hypnosis" was composed with an improvisatory method, which takes place in a trance-like state. "It's polyphony is reminiscent of a genetic code laid in a solvent, where it sets off a process of disintegration and adherence that advances slowly but steadily." (Franz Hummel) Also featured on this release is Atavistic Music, which is also an improvisatory piece. No stipulations regarding character or intention are planned in advance. The style is thus a psychogram of the individual player. A truly unique and fascinating programme!