- Michelle Breedt (Mezzo Soprano)
- Michael Burt (Bass Baritone)
- Celina Lindsley (Soprano)
- Scot Weir (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
When the Nazis invaded Austria in 1938, the connections established by Korngold at Warner Brothers not only guaranteed him a livelihood but also saved his life. Upon arriving in Hollywood, Korngold's first assignment was to adapt the music of Mendelssohn for Max Reinhardt's only American sound film, a spectacular production of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". This is the world premiere recording of this captivating film score.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Korngold: The Sea Hawk, Deception / William Stromberg, et al
Korngold: Lieder des Abshieds, etc / Downes, Finnie
Korngold: Sursum Corda, etc / Bamert, et al
Korngold: Cello Concerto, etc / Dixon, Shelley, Bamert
Korngold: Märchenbilder, etc / Bamert, et al
The Film Music of Erich Wolfgang Korngold Vol 2 / Gamba
Kabalevsky: Complete Piano Sonatas / Alexandre Dossin
Myaskovsky: Complete Symphonic Works Vol 17 / Evgeny Svetlanov, et al
Elgar: Wand of Youth Suite, etc / Del Mar, Thomson
Works DetailsKorngold, Erich Wolfgang : A Midsummer Night's Dream, film score (after Mendelssohn)
- Performers: Michelle Breedt (Mezzo Soprano); Michael Burt (Bass Baritone); Celina Lindsley (Soprano); Scot Weir (Tenor)
- Conductor: Gerd Albrecht
- Notes: Jesus Christ Church, Berlin, Germany (05/12/1997-05/16/1997)
- Running Time: 54 min. 23 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Written: 1934