- Henriette Bonde-Hansen (Soprano)
- Aage Haugland (Bass)
- Hanna Hjort (Soprano)
- Michael Kristensen (Tenor)
- Marianne Rorholm (Soprano)
- Bo Skovhus (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
Nielsen's "Maskarade" is the most popular Danish opera of the century. Reminiscent of Offenbach as well as the styles of Wagner and Verdi, this is a comic opera with a very dramatic character. The wonderful cast includes internationally acclaimed bass-baritone Bo Skovus. This recording won a Gramophone "Critics Choice", and will certainly figure as one of the years most important opera releases.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsNielsen, Carl : Maskarade, FS 39
- Performers: Henriette Bonde-Hansen (Soprano); Aage Haugland (Bass); Hanna Hjort (Soprano); Michael Kristensen (Tenor); Marianne Rorholm (Soprano); Bo Skovhus (Voice)
- Conductor: Ulf Schirmer
- Ensemble: Danish National Radio Choir
- Notes: Danish Radio Concert Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark (06/15/1996-06/22/1996)
- Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Written: 1904-1906