- Jennifer Smith (Voice)
- Christine Brandes (Soprano)
- David Daniels (Countertenor)
- Jamie MacDougall (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
"'Alfred' belongs to the Purcellian category of the 'semi-opera'. It is classified as a masque...Except for a three-movement Overture and a March, plus the concluding 'Rule Britannia' Ode involving chorus, all the numbers are vocal solos...[McGegan] leads with vigor, and his period-instrument colors are quite vivid...Full texts and good notes complete the brightly recorded release. This is a true "must" for the collector of 18th Century music." -Barker, ARG
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsArne, Thomas [Composer] : Alfred, masque in 3 acts
- Performers: Jennifer Smith (Voice); Christine Brandes (Soprano); David Daniels (Countertenor); Jamie MacDougall (Tenor)
- Conductor: Nicholas McGegan
- Ensemble: Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra
- Notes: Scoring Stage, Skywalker Sound, San Francisco, CA (03/17/1998-03/19/1998)
- Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1740