1 800 222 6872

Vaughan Williams - Symphonies no 4 & 5, etc / Barbirolli

Album Summary

>Sharp, Cecil : Oranges and Lemons, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Sharp, Cecil : Grimstock, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Sharp, Cecil : Hyde Park, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Sharp, Cecil : Hunsdon House, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Sharp, Cecil : Geud Man of Ballangigh, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Sharp, Cecil : Maid in the Moor, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Sharp, Cecil : Chestnut, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Sharp, Cecil : Never Love Thee More, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Turtle Dove, folk song for baritone & chorus
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Just as the Tide was Flowing, folk song for chorus (English Folksongs for chorus no 3)
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Wassail Song ("Wassail, wassail, all over the town"), carol for chorus ("Gloucestershire Wassail")
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Down in yon forest, carol for chorus or voice & piano (Traditional English Carols no 4)
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Wassail Song ("We've been awhile awandering"), song for chorus (English Folksongs for chorus no 5;
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : An Acre of Land
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : A Farmer's son so sweet, folk song for male chorus & piano
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Ca' the yowes, folk song for tenor & chorus
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Dark eyed sailor, folk song for chorus (English Folksongs for chorus no 1)
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Lawyer, folk song for voice & violin (English Folksongs for voice & violin no 2)
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : On Wenlock Edge, song cycle for tenor, piano & string quartet (or tenor & orchestra)
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Symphony no 4 in F minor
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Symphony no 5 in D major
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Sharp, Cecil : Oranges and Lemons, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Sharp, Cecil : Grimstock, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sharp, Cecil : Hyde Park, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sharp, Cecil : Hunsdon House, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sharp, Cecil : Geud Man of Ballangigh, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sharp, Cecil : Maid in the Moor, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sharp, Cecil : Chestnut, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sharp, Cecil : Never Love Thee More, folk dance arrangement for orchestra
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Turtle Dove, folk song for baritone & chorus
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1924

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Just as the Tide was Flowing, folk song for chorus (English Folksongs for chorus no 3)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1913

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Wassail Song ("Wassail, wassail, all over the town"), carol for chorus ("Gloucestershire Wassail")
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Down in yon forest, carol for chorus or voice & piano (Traditional English Carols no 4)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1919

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Wassail Song ("We've been awhile awandering"), song for chorus (English Folksongs for chorus no 5;
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1913

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : An Acre of Land
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1934

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : A Farmer's son so sweet, folk song for male chorus & piano
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1921

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Ca' the yowes, folk song for tenor & chorus
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1922

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Dark eyed sailor, folk song for chorus (English Folksongs for chorus no 1)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1913

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : The Lawyer, folk song for voice & violin (English Folksongs for voice & violin no 2)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1935

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : On Wenlock Edge, song cycle for tenor, piano & string quartet (or tenor & orchestra)
  • Performers: Benjamin Britten (Piano); Peter Pears
  • Ensemble: Zorian Quartet
  • Running Time: 19 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1908-1909

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis
  • Conductor: (Louis) Neel
  • Running Time: 15 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1910

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Symphony no 4 in F minor
  • Conductor: Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Ensemble: National Folk Dance Orchestra
  • Running Time: 28 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1931-1934

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Symphony no 5 in D major
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 36 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1938-1943