1 800 222 6872

Edition Bachakademie Vol 101 - Clavier Übung Part III

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in E flat major ("St. Anne;" Clavier-Übung III/26), BWV 552 (BC J16)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott Vater in Ewigkeit (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/1), BWV 669 (BC K1)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christe, aller Welt Trost (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/2), BWV 670 (BC K2)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott heiliger Geist (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/3), BWV 671 (BC K3)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott Vater in Ewigkeit (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/4), BWV 672 (BC K4)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christe, aller Welt Trost (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung no 5), BWV 673 (BC K5)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott heiliger Geist (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/6), BWV 674 (BC K6)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (V), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/7), BWV 675 (BC K7)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (VI), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/8), BWV 676 (BC K8
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, for organ (Clavier-Ubung III/9), BWV 677 (BC K9)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Dies sind die heilgen zehn Gebot (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/10), BWV 678 (BC
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Dies sind die heilgen zehn Gebot, for organ (Clavier-Übung III/11), BWV 679 (BC K11)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wir gläuben all'an einen Gott, BWV 680
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Wir glauben all an einen Gott, for organ (Clavier-Übung III/13), BWV 681 (BC K13)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vater unser im Himmelreich (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung no 14), BWV 682 (BC K14)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vater unser im Himmelreich (III), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung no 145), BWV 683 (BC K15
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/16), BWV 684 (B
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/17), BWV 685 (
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir (I), chorale prelude for organ á 6 (Clavier-Übung III/18), BWV 686
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir (II), chorale prelude for organ á 4 (Clavier-Übung III/19), BWV 687
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (VI), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/20), BWV 688 (BC K2
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fuga super Jesus Christus unser Heiland, fugue for organ (Clavier-Übung III/21), BWV 689 (BC K21)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 1 in E minor (Clavier-Übung III no 23), BWV 802 (BC J74)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 2 in F major (Clavier-Übung III no 24), BWV 803 (BC J75)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 3 in G major (Clavier-Übung III no 25), BWV 804 (BC J76)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 4 in A minor (Clavier-Übung III no 26), BWV 805 (BC J77)
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Gramophone Classical Music Guide
These discs transport the listener back to 1736, the date of the Erasmus-Bielfeldt organ recorded here. Three years later Bach published the third part of his Clavier-Übung, an academically austere title which disguises one of his most symbolic and liturgically important cycles. He had high hopes for the commercial success of the volume and its successor, the Goldberg Variations.

The Clavier-Übung features the so-called Organ Mass. A Hymn Mass, it uses Lutheran texts and melodies in one major and several minor arrangements.

The two discs open and close with the Prelude and Fugue in E flat, BWV552. From the Prelude's first notes it's clear that Johannsen's playing is of the highest calibre. There's emotional involvement without a superfluity of ornamentation and rubato. Here, too, is tenderness, flamboyance, attack and rhythmic drive. In Johannsen's hands the listener is subtly drawn to the core of the music, its complexity simplified through his beautifully balanced registrations. Highlights include the extended prelude on Vater unser im Himmelreich, BWV682, and those on Aus tiefer Not, BWV686/687.

The Four Duets are stylistically related and unified through an ascending key sequence which, as the notes mention, represent the Passion, Easter, Ascension and Pentecost. The superb booklet includes notes on the individual registrations employed. First-rate recording quality.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in E flat major ("St. Anne;" Clavier-Übung III/26), BWV 552 (BC J16)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott Vater in Ewigkeit (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/1), BWV 669 (BC K1)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christe, aller Welt Trost (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/2), BWV 670 (BC K2)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott heiliger Geist (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/3), BWV 671 (BC K3)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott Vater in Ewigkeit (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/4), BWV 672 (BC K4)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christe, aller Welt Trost (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung no 5), BWV 673 (BC K5)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kyrie, Gott heiliger Geist (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/6), BWV 674 (BC K6)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (V), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/7), BWV 675 (BC K7)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr (VI), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/8), BWV 676 (BC K8
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, for organ (Clavier-Ubung III/9), BWV 677 (BC K9)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Dies sind die heilgen zehn Gebot (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/10), BWV 678 (BC
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Dies sind die heilgen zehn Gebot, for organ (Clavier-Übung III/11), BWV 679 (BC K11)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wir gläuben all'an einen Gott, BWV 680
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Wir glauben all an einen Gott, for organ (Clavier-Übung III/13), BWV 681 (BC K13)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vater unser im Himmelreich (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung no 14), BWV 682 (BC K14)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vater unser im Himmelreich (III), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung no 145), BWV 683 (BC K15
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/16), BWV 684 (B
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/17), BWV 685 (
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir (I), chorale prelude for organ á 6 (Clavier-Übung III/18), BWV 686
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir (II), chorale prelude for organ á 4 (Clavier-Übung III/19), BWV 687
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (VI), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/20), BWV 688 (BC K2
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fuga super Jesus Christus unser Heiland, fugue for organ (Clavier-Übung III/21), BWV 689 (BC K21)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 1 in E minor (Clavier-Übung III no 23), BWV 802 (BC J74)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 2 in F major (Clavier-Übung III no 24), BWV 803 (BC J75)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 3 in G major (Clavier-Übung III no 25), BWV 804 (BC J76)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Duetto, for keyboard no 4 in A minor (Clavier-Übung III no 26), BWV 805 (BC J77)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in E flat major ("St. Anne;" Clavier-Übung III/26), BWV 552 (BC J16)
  • Performer: Kay Johannsen (Organ)
  • Notes: St. Wilhadi zu Stade, Germany (10/25/1998-10/27/1998)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739