- Catherine Robbin (Mezzo Soprano)
- James Bowman (Countertenor)
- Emma Kirkby (Soprano)
- David Thomas (Bass)
- Arleen Augér (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
For the jewelled sequences of arias and duets, Hogwood has assembled a near-ideal cast, with Arleen Auger at her most radiant as the queen, Angelica, and Emma Kirkby characteristically bright and fresh...Catherine Robbin assumes the role of Prince Medoro strongly and David Thomas sings stylishly as Zoroastro. This is one of Hogwood's finest achievements on record, taut, dramatic and rhythmically resilient.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHandel, George Frideric : Orlando
- Performers: Catherine Robbin (Mezzo Soprano); Arleen Augér (Voice); James Bowman (Countertenor); Emma Kirkby (Soprano); David Thomas (Bass)
- Conductor: Christopher Hogwood
- Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music
- Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1732