1 800 222 6872

Grieg: Lyric Pieces, Sonata, 7 Fugues, etc / Pletnev

Album Summary

>Grieg, Edvard : Sonata for Piano in E minor, Op. 7
>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 2 for piano in C minor, EG 184a
>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 2 for piano in C major, EG 184b
>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 3 for piano in D major, EG 184c
>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 3 for piano in A minor, EG 184d
>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 4 for piano in G minor, EG184e
>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 3 for piano in C major, EG 184f
>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga duplex in G minor, for piano, EG184g
>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 5, Op. 54
>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (8), Book 2, Op. 38
>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 3, Op. 43
>Grieg, Edvard : Melody, lyric piece for piano, Op. 47/3
>Grieg, Edvard : Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen (Wedding Day at Troldhaugen), lyric piece for piano, Op. 65/6
>Grieg, Edvard : I balladetone (Ballad), lyric piece for piano, Op. 65/5
>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 7, Op. 62
>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 6, Op. 57
>Grieg, Edvard : Bedstemors menuet (Grandmother's Minuet), lyric piece for piano, Op. 68/2
>Grieg, Edvard : Fra karnevalet (From the Carnival), for piano (Scenes from Folk Life no 3), Op. 19/3
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"...Pletnev's performances of [the fugues] is Russian-School Bach at its best: lively rhythmic outlines, a wide range of dynamics and articulation to ensure full independence of voices, fearlessness of sweet legatos and subtle pedal use. In sum, Pletnev gives Grieg's fugues the attention he would give Bach, and the result is surprising--even, at some points riveting...Pletnev is a fine, fine interpreter of Grieg...fresh, sympathetic readings." -Bellman, ARG



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Grieg, Edvard : Sonata for Piano in E minor, Op. 7
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1865

>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 2 for piano in C minor, EG 184a
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861-1862

>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 2 for piano in C major, EG 184b
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861-1862

>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 3 for piano in D major, EG 184c
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861-1862

>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 3 for piano in A minor, EG 184d
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861-1862

>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 4 for piano in G minor, EG184e
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861-1862

>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga à 3 for piano in C major, EG 184f
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861-1862

>Grieg, Edvard : Fuga duplex in G minor, for piano, EG184g
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861-1862

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 5, Op. 54 :: no 6, Bellringing
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1889-1891

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (8), Book 2, Op. 38
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 3, Op. 43 :: no 1, Butterfly
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Grieg, Edvard : Melody, lyric piece for piano, Op. 47/3
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1886-1888

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 3, Op. 43 :: no 6
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Grieg, Edvard : Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen (Wedding Day at Troldhaugen), lyric piece for piano, Op. 65/6
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Grieg, Edvard : I balladetone (Ballad), lyric piece for piano, Op. 65/5
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 7, Op. 62
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893-1895

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 5, Op. 54 :: no 5, Scherzo
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1889-1891

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 6, Op. 57
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1890-1893

>Grieg, Edvard : Bedstemors menuet (Grandmother's Minuet), lyric piece for piano, Op. 68/2
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1897-1899

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces (6), Book 5, Op. 54 :: no 3, March of the Trolls
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1889-1891

>Grieg, Edvard : Fra karnevalet (From the Carnival), for piano (Scenes from Folk Life no 3), Op. 19/3
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869-1871