Notes & Reviews:
The Dallas Symphony Orchestra just keeps on getting better! First we received a Mahler 2nd for review. It was good, but did not make the final cut for inclusion in "debut!". Next came a Shostakovich Fifth coupled with the Second Piano Concerto. This we did include: the music of Shostakovich seemed much better suited to the tonal palette of the orchestra. Now comes a wonderful Mahler 3rd that is able to stand with the best in the catalog. Bravo! Recommended to any Mahler aficionado.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 3 in D minor
- Performers: Jeffrey Curnow (Posthorn); Mary Preston (Organ)
- Conductor: Andrew Litton
- Ensemble: Texas Boy's Choir Fort Worth
- Notes: Eugene McDermott Concert Hall of the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (05/14/1998-05/19/1998)
- Running Time: 94 min. 39 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1893-1896