Notes & Reviews:
One of the finest tenors of our time makes his debut on Deutsche Grammophon with this recording: Jose Cura. The singer, composer and conductor Cura is joined by Italian soprano Marina Guleghina and conductor Riccardo Muti directing the chorus and orchestra of La Scala. Although Manon Lescaut has never had the worldwide popularity of Tosca or La Boheme, it is an opera rich in melody, drama and emotion. This new album may be a new benchmark.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : Manon Lescaut
- Performers: Marco Berti (Tenor); Jose Cura; Lucio Gallo (Baritone); Maria Guleghina (Soprano); Luigi Roni (Bass)
- Conductor: Riccardo Muti
- Ensemble: Milan Teatro alla Scala Chorus
- Notes: Composition written: 1893.
- Running Time: 57 min. 12 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1893