Vivaldi: The Four Seasons, etc / Huggett, Kraemer, et al

Album Summary

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in G minor, Op. 8 no 2/RV 315 "L'estate"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Autumn (The Four Seasons)
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E flat major, Op. 8 no 5/RV 253 "La tempesta di mare"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in C major ("Il piacere"; "Il Cimento" no 6), Op. 8
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in D minor, Op. 8 no 7/RV 242 "Per Pisendel"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in G minor ("Il cimento" no 8), Op. 8/8, RV 332
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in D minor ("Il cimento" no 9), Op. 8/9, RV 236
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in B flat major ("La caccia"; "Il cimento" no 10),
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in D major ("Il cimento dall'armonia" no 11), Op. 8
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in C major ("Il cimento" no 12), Op. 8/12, RV 178
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Double Concerto ("All'inglese"), for violin, cello, strings & continuo in A major, RV 546
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 2 Violins in G major, RV 516
Performer Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"The 11th Concerto is a particularly impressive one and is played by Monica Huggett with expressive and tonal warmth. That equally applies to the performances as a whole...Two extra items...make particular appeal. In one of them, a Concerto for two violins in G (RV546), Huggett is joined by Elizabeth Wallfisch--Vivaldi concertos don't come better than this one..." ***** -Anderson, BBC



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 9 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in G minor, Op. 8 no 2/RV 315 "L'estate"
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 9 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Autumn (The Four Seasons)
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 11 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 7 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E flat major, Op. 8 no 5/RV 253 "La tempesta di mare"
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 8 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in C major ("Il piacere"; "Il Cimento" no 6), Op. 8
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 7 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in D minor, Op. 8 no 7/RV 242 "Per Pisendel"
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 7 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1716-1717

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in G minor ("Il cimento" no 8), Op. 8/8, RV 332
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 8 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in D minor ("Il cimento" no 9), Op. 8/9, RV 236
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 6 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in B flat major ("La caccia"; "Il cimento" no 10),
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 7 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in D major ("Il cimento dall'armonia" no 11), Op. 8
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 11 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin, strings & continuo in C major ("Il cimento" no 12), Op. 8/12, RV 178
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 8 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Double Concerto ("All'inglese"), for violin, cello, strings & continuo in A major, RV 546
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 8 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 2 Violins in G major, RV 516
  • Performer: Monica Huggett (Violin)
  • Conductor: Nicholas Kraemer
  • Ensemble: Raglan Baroque Players
  • Running Time: 8 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742