- Christopher Martin (Trumpet)
Notes & Reviews:
This is a very fine Symphony No. 1 of Mahler, however, it is the inclusion of the original second movement, "Blumine" that makes it particularly appealing. When Mahler conducted the world premiere of the work in Budapest in 1889, he called it a "Symphonic Poem in Two Parts." The work was little understood, and not well received. He later deleted the second movement in an effort to win acceptance for his music. "Blumine" is a lovely movement, with an extended trumpet solo.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 1 in D major "Titan"
- Performer: Christopher Martin (Trumpet)
- Conductor: Yoel Levi
- Ensemble: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Woodruff Arts Center, Atlanta, GA (09/25/1999/09/26/1999)
- Running Time: 61 min. 32 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: ?/?1884-03/1888