1 800 222 6872

Blumenfeld: Preludes & Impromptus / Philip Thomson

Album Summary

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C major, Op. 17/1
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in A minor, Op. 17/2
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G minor, Op. 17/3
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E minor, Op. 17/4
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D major, Op. 17/5
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B minor, Op. 17/6
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in A major, Op. 17/7
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F sharp minor, Op. 17/8
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E major, Op. 17/9
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 17/10
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B major, Op. 17/11
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G sharp minor, Op. 17/12
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F sharp major, Op. 17/13
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E flat minor, Op. 17/14
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D flat major, Op. 17/15
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B flat minor, Op. 17/16
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in A flat major, Op. 17/17
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F minor, Op. 17/18
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E flat major, Op. 17/19
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C minor, Op. 17/20
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B flat major, Op. 17/21
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G minor, Op. 17/22
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F major, Op. 17/23
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D minor, Op. 17/24
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in A flat major, Op. 13/1
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in G flat major, Op. 13/2
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in B major, Op. 28
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G major, Op. 12/1
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E major, Op. 12/2
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C sharp major, Op. 12/3
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D major, Op. 12/4
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in F sharp minor, Op. 45/1
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in A flat major, Op. 45/2
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Valse-Impromptu for piano in A flat major, Op. 16
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Felix Blumenfeld was a virtuoso pianist-composer and highly respected teacher, whose students included Vladimir Horowitz, Heinrich Neuhaus and Dmitry Tiomkin. His deeply romantic Preludes and Impromptus on this disc receive their world premiere recorded performances by the Canadian pianist, Philip Thomson (who can also be heard on the Naxos Liszt series). Musical discoveries await on this audiophile release.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C major, Op. 17/1
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in A minor, Op. 17/2
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G minor, Op. 17/3
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E minor, Op. 17/4
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D major, Op. 17/5
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B minor, Op. 17/6
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in A major, Op. 17/7
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F sharp minor, Op. 17/8
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E major, Op. 17/9
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 17/10
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B major, Op. 17/11
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G sharp minor, Op. 17/12
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F sharp major, Op. 17/13
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E flat minor, Op. 17/14
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D flat major, Op. 17/15
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B flat minor, Op. 17/16
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in A flat major, Op. 17/17
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F minor, Op. 17/18
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E flat major, Op. 17/19
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C minor, Op. 17/20
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in B flat major, Op. 17/21
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G minor, Op. 17/22
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in F major, Op. 17/23
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D minor, Op. 17/24
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in A flat major, Op. 13/1
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in G flat major, Op. 13/2
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in B major, Op. 28
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/04/1998-10/04/1999
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in G major, Op. 12/1
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in E major, Op. 12/2
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in C sharp major, Op. 12/3
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Prelude for piano in D major, Op. 12/4
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in F sharp minor, Op. 45/1
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Impromptu for piano in A flat major, Op. 45/2
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Valse-Impromptu for piano in A flat major, Op. 16
  • Performer: Philip Thomson (Piano)
  • Notes: Fernleaf Abbey, Columbus, OH (11/04/1998-10/04/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic