1 800 222 6872

Bach: Magnificat, etc / Choir of King's College, et al

Audio Samples

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kommst du nun, Jesu, vom Himmel herunter, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 6), BWV 65
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s)
>     Ertöt uns durch dein' Güte BWV 22.v
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Magnificat
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>     Air
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden, BWV 230
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : O Jesulein süss, sacred song for voice & continuo (Schemelli Gesangbuch no 203), BWV 493 (BC F234)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : In dulci jubilo, BWV 729
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass for 3 voices, chorus, 2 flutes, strings & continuo in A major, BWV 234 (BC E3)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sanctus in C major, BWV 237
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>     Jesus bleibet meine Freude BW
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 12 "Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen", BWV 12 (BC A68)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Der Geist hilft unser Schwachheit auf, BWV 226
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 373 (BC F133)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun danket alle Gott, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 386 (BC F148.1)

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kommst du nun, Jesu, vom Himmel herunter, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 6), BWV 65
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Magnificat
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden, BWV 230
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : O Jesulein süss, sacred song for voice & continuo (Schemelli Gesangbuch no 203), BWV 493 (BC F234)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : In dulci jubilo, BWV 729
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass for 3 voices, chorus, 2 flutes, strings & continuo in A major, BWV 234 (BC E3)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sanctus in C major, BWV 237
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 12 "Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen", BWV 12 (BC A68)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Der Geist hilft unser Schwachheit auf, BWV 226
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 373 (BC F133)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun danket alle Gott, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 386 (BC F148.1)
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

From a first glance at the performing forces of this Bach Magnificat performance, you can expect some glorious sounds. Stephen Cleobury directs the Academy of Ancient Music and the Choir of King's College, Cambridge with soloists Susan Gritton, Michael Chance and Ian Bostridge. Bach's masterpiece is genuinely inspiring in this presentation.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
  • Performers: Susan Gritton (Soprano); Ian Bostridge (Tenor); Michael George
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 11/25/1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Kommst du nun, Jesu, vom Himmel herunter, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 6), BWV 65
  • Performer: Stephen Cleobury (Organ)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s) :: Ertöt uns durch dein' Güte BWV 22.v
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1700-1750

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Magnificat
  • Performers: Michael George; Lisa Milne (Soprano); Ian Bostridge (Tenor); Guy Williams (Flute); Rachel Beckett (Flute); Susan Gritton (Soprano); Michael Chance (Countertenor); Mark Radcliffe (Oboe d'amore)
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 06/1733

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Air
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden, BWV 230
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: King's College Choir, Cambridge
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : O Jesulein süss, sacred song for voice & continuo (Schemelli Gesangbuch no 203), BWV 493 (BC F234)
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: King's College Choir, Cambridge
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : In dulci jubilo, BWV 729
  • Performer: Stephen Cleobury (Organ)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass for 3 voices, chorus, 2 flutes, strings & continuo in A major, BWV 234 (BC E3)
  • Performers: Guy Williams (Flute); Rachel Brown (Flute); Michael Chance (Countertenor); Lisa Milne (Soprano); Michael George; Micaela Comberti (Violin); Ian Bostridge (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 29 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sanctus in C major, BWV 237
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesus bleibet meine Freude BW
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 12 "Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen", BWV 12 (BC A68)
  • Performers: Ian Bostridge (Tenor); Peter Lissauer (Violin); David Blackadder (Trumpet); Michael Chance (Countertenor); Micaela Comberti (Violin); Mark Radcliffe (Oboe); Michael George
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 04/22/1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Der Geist hilft unser Schwachheit auf, BWV 226
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: King's College Choir, Cambridge
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 10/20/1729

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 373 (BC F133)
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: King's College Choir, Cambridge
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
  • Performer: Stephen Cleobury (Organ)
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun danket alle Gott, chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 386 (BC F148.1)
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Ensemble: King's College Choir, Cambridge
  • Notes: King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England (06/21/1999-06/23/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751