Solo performer: Anthony Braxton (alto saxophone).
Recorded in 1969.
Personnel: Anthony Braxton (alto saxophone).
Recording information: 1969.
Photographer: Terry Martin.
FOR ALTO is Anthony Braxton's second album and a more radical work would be hard to find, especially for 1969. Each of these pieces is dedicated to another artist, and not all from the music world. Right away one is made aware of Braxton's intellectual confidence and his ability to move outside the confines of the jazz ghetto. While many of his colleagues, especially the Art Ensemble Of Chicago and AACM, were stressing--even overstressing--a black nationalism, Braxton immediately situated his music in the larger world of avant-garde art, even as he soon explored the bebop tradition on the great DONNA LEE from 1972.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Charles Earland: Black Talk!
NRBQ: We Travel the Spaceways [Digipak]
Rodriguez (70s): Searching for Sugar Man [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
Frank Ocean: Channel Orange [PA] [Digipak]
Bill Fay: Life Is People [Digipak]
Jimmy Cliff: Rebirth [Digipak]
Dinosaur Jr.: I Bet on Sky [Digipak]
Karriem Riggins: Alone Together [Digipak]
Ty Segall: Twins [Digipak]
- Zurich Concerts (Guy, Barry)
- Toronto Duets 2007 (Kyle Brenders)
- Four Duo Improvisations 2007 (Morris, Joe (Guitar))
- Duo (Heidelberg Loppem) (Leandre, Joelle)
- Creative Orchestra: Bolzano 2007 [Digipak] (Italian Instabile Orchestra)
- Old Dogs [Box] (Hemingway, Gerry)
- GTM (Syntax) 2003 (Ann Rhodes)
- Ensemble Montaigne (BAU 4) 2013 (Ensemble Montaigne)
- Improvisations (Duo) 2008 (Yakshieva, Maral)
- ABCD (Dahlgren, Chris)
- Duets (Pittsburgh) 2008 (Ben Opie)