- Jan Durco (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
David Chesky's oratorio "The Agnostic" is a modern day masterpiece. The work's starting point is that the ultimate cause (God) and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience. The composer's concerns, themes, pleadings and gropings all struggle with what it means to be alone and cast asunder in a Godless universe. The work is profound and provocative, infused with misery and melancholy, but also great power and beauty.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsChesky, David : The Agnostic, for soloists, chorus & orchestra
- Performer: Jan Durco (Voice)
- Conductor: Stephen Somary
- Ensemble: Slovak State Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Slovak Philharmonic Hall, Bratislava, Slovakia (03/12/2000-03/21/2000)
- Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary