1 800 222 6872

Rachmaninov: Piano Music / Idil Biret

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 1 in F sharp minor, Op. 1
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G minor, Op. 40
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Introduction and 24 Variations), for piano & orchestra in A minor,
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 30
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Etudes-Tableaux, for piano, Op. 33
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Etudes-Tableaux, for piano, Op. 39
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Nocturnes (3) for piano, TN ii/13
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (4) for piano, TN ii/12
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de salon, for piano, Op. 10
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Sonata for Piano no 1 in D minor, Op. 28
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Sonata for Piano no 2 in B flat minor, Op. 36
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Suite from the Violin Partita in E major
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Schubert's "Wohin?" from "Die Schöne Müllerin" for piano, TN iii/10
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Mendelssohn's "Scherzo" from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" for piano, TN iii/7
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Cadenza for Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody no 2, for piano, TN iii/6
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Mussorgsky's "Hopak" from opera "Sorochintsy Fair" for piano (also for piano & vioi
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Bizet's "Minuet" from "L'Arlesienne-Suite No 1" for piano, TN iii/3
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee" from "The Tale of the Tsar Saltan" for
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Tchaikovsky's "Lullaby for piano, Op.16/1," TN iii/14
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Daisies, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/3
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Aleko, opera, TN ii/70
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesleid" for piano, TN iii/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesfreud" for piano, TNiii/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Smith's "The Star-Spangled Banner" for piano, TN iii/11
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Variations on a Theme of Chopin, for piano, Op. 22
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Moments musicaux (6) for piano, Op. 16
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lento (Song without Words), for piano in D minor, TN ii/11
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Work(s)
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (2) for piano, TN ii/17
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Piano piece (Canon), in D minor, TN ii/14
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (3) for piano, TN ii/19
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (2) for cello & piano, Op. 2
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prélude for piano in F major, TN ii/15
Performer Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"Idil Biret performs Rachmaninoff's magisterial Chopin variations...with tremendous flair and power. A delight." -BBC Music Magazine. "Biret's recording of all the "Etudes Tableaux" is a rewarding, even invaluable supplement to Rachmaninov's own performance..." -Los Angeles Times. "Biret's great strength, slow tempos, and dense textures allow her to convey [the music's] color and drama very effectively...there is much to be learned from Biret's performances." -American Record Guide



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 1 in F sharp minor, Op. 1
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Conductor: Antoni Wit
  • Ensemble: Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra Katowice
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1890-1891

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G minor, Op. 40
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Conductor: Antoni Wit
  • Ensemble: Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra Katowice
  • Notes: Composition written: 1926.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1926

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Introduction and 24 Variations), for piano & orchestra in A minor,
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Conductor: Antoni Wit
  • Ensemble: Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra Katowice
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1934

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Conductor: Antoni Wit
  • Ensemble: Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra Katowice
  • Notes: 01/16/1998-01/18/1998
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1900-1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 30
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Conductor: Antoni Wit
  • Ensemble: Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra Katowice
  • Notes: 01/16/1998-01/18/1998
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1909

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Etudes-Tableaux, for piano, Op. 33
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Tonstudio van Geest, Heidelberg, Germany (10/16/1989-10/20/1989)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1911

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Etudes-Tableaux, for piano, Op. 39
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Tonstudio van Geest, Heidelberg, Germany (10/16/1989-10/20/1989)
  • Running Time: 42 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916-1917

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Nocturnes (3) for piano, TN ii/13
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/30/1995-07/31/1995)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887-1888

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (4) for piano, TN ii/12
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/30/1995-07/31/1995)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de salon, for piano, Op. 10
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/30/1995-07/31/1995)
  • Running Time: 34 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893-1894

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Sonata for Piano no 1 in D minor, Op. 28
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 40 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1907

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Sonata for Piano no 2 in B flat minor, Op. 36
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1913

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Suite from the Violin Partita in E major :: Prelude, Gavotte & Gigue, transcription for piano after J.
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1933.
  • Running Time: 8 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1933

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Schubert's "Wohin?" from "Die Schöne Müllerin" for piano, TN iii/10
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1925

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Mendelssohn's "Scherzo" from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" for piano, TN iii/7
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1933

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Cadenza for Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody no 2, for piano, TN iii/6
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1919

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Mussorgsky's "Hopak" from opera "Sorochintsy Fair" for piano (also for piano & vioi
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1923

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Bizet's "Minuet" from "L'Arlesienne-Suite No 1" for piano, TN iii/3
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1900

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee" from "The Tale of the Tsar Saltan" for
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1929

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Tchaikovsky's "Lullaby for piano, Op.16/1," TN iii/14
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1941

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Daisies, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/3
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Aleko, opera, TN ii/70 :: Dance of the Young Gypsy Maidens transcribed for piano
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesleid" for piano, TN iii/5
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1921

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesfreud" for piano, TNiii/5
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1925

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1911

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Smith's "The Star-Spangled Banner" for piano, TN iii/11
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1918

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Variations on a Theme of Chopin, for piano, Op. 22
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 26 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902-1903

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Moments musicaux (6) for piano, Op. 16
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lento (Song without Words), for piano in D minor, TN ii/11
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1888

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Work(s) :: Canon in E minor
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (2) for piano, TN ii/17 :: Fughetta in F major
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1899

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (2) for piano, TN ii/17 :: Morceau de fantaisie in G minor
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1899

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Piano piece (Canon), in D minor, TN ii/14
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1891

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (3) for piano, TN ii/19 :: Fragments
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1917

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (2) for cello & piano, Op. 2 :: Oriental Sketch
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prélude for piano in F major, TN ii/15
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1891

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Pieces (3) for piano, TN ii/19 :: Andante ma non troppo in D minor (Prélude)
  • Performer: Idil Biret (Piano)
  • Notes: Clara-Wieck Auditorium, Sandhausen, Germany (07/12/1996-07/14/1996)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1917