1 800 222 6872

Daniel Taylor - Portrait

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Time stands still, for voice, lute & bass viol (Third Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Flow, my tears, fall from your springs, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : I saw my lady weep, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Song)
>Purcell, Henry : King Arthur, or The British Worthy, Z 628
>Blow, John : Ode on the Death of Mr. Henry Purcell, for 2 male altos, 2 recorders, viol & continuo
>Traditional, Christmas : There Is No Rose of Such Virtue (English)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Easter Oratorio, BWV 249
Performers Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"...Taylor has made several solo recodings and this appealingly assembled disc contains items from four of them. All but one of the pieces belong to the late Renaissance...The programme is framed by Bach, whose 'Erbarme dich'...and 'Saget, saget'... are sung with expressive restraint and pleasing tonal purity. Purcell's exalted air 'Fairest Isle'.. provides a glorious centerpiece in a fine recital." **** -Anderson, BBC



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Performers: Oliver Brault (Violin); Pierre Cartier (Double Bass); Bruce Haynes (Oboe d'amore); Christine Moran (Viola); Susan Napper (Cello); Helene Plouffe (Violin); Rejean Poirier (Organ); Scott Metcalfe [Violin/Viola] (Violin); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1736

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Time stands still, for voice, lute & bass viol (Third Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Andreas Martin (Lute); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Ensemble: Les Voix Humaines
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1603

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Andreas Martin (Lute); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Ensemble: Les Voix Humaines
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Flow, my tears, fall from your springs, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Andreas Martin (Lute); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Ensemble: Les Voix Humaines
  • Running Time: 13 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Dowland, John [Composer] : I saw my lady weep, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Song)
  • Performers: Andreas Martin (Lute); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Ensemble: Les Voix Humaines
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Purcell, Henry : King Arthur, or The British Worthy, Z 628
  • Performers: Sylvain Bergeron (Theorbo); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1691

>Blow, John : Ode on the Death of Mr. Henry Purcell, for 2 male altos, 2 recorders, viol & continuo :: So ceas'd the
  • Performers: Sylvain Bergeron (Theorbo); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1695

>Traditional, Christmas : There Is No Rose of Such Virtue (English)
  • Performers: Suzie LeBlanc; Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1420

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Easter Oratorio, BWV 249 :: "Kommt, eilet und laufet"), BWV 249 (BC D8)
  • Performers: Oliver Brault (Violin); Pierre Cartier (Double Bass); Bruce Haynes (Oboe d'amore); Christine Moran (Viola); Susan Napper (Cello); Helene Plouffe (Violin); Rejean Poirier (Organ); Scott Metcalfe [Violin/Viola] (Violin); Daniel Taylor (Countertenor)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1743-1746