Notes & Reviews:
"Though his music is often structured through close imitation and fluent counterpoint, Fux is a surprisingly gifted melodist, worthy of comparison with Handel or Alessandro Scarletti...[The] high spot of the whole work [is] a heavenly aria with gamba obbligato from countertenor Henning Voss, focused, restrained and breathtakingly beautiful...no Baroque enthusiast should miss this remarkable revelation." **** -Pratt, BBC
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsFux, Johann Joseph : Il Fonte della salute, aperto dalla grazia nel calvario, oratorio
- Performers: Wolfgang Bankl (Bass Baritone); Johannes Chum (Tenor); Henning Voss (Countertenor)
- Conductor: Martin Haselböck
- Ensemble: Wiener Akademie Orchester
- Notes: 03/29/1999-04/02/1999
- Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1716