David Russell Plays Baroque Music

Album Summary

>Loeillet, Jean-Baptiste (of London) : Suite for harpsichord (or spinet) no 1, in G minor
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Sonata no 6 in B flat (Preludio - Largo, Allemanda - Allegro, Largo, Corrente - Allegro)
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 362/Op. 1 no 4
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 490/L 206
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 491/L 164
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 501/L 137
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 308/L 359
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 309/L 454
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 390/L 234
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 391/L 79
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 238/L 27
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 239/L 281
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"The playing on this release is elegant, restrained, and delivered with an ease that belies the difficulty of the transcriptions--in short, everything one would expect from David Russell in a baroque program. He is again doing one of the things that he does best: mining the literature for treasures as yet undiscovered by guitarists...[Every] one of his releases deserves special attention. Players and enthusiasts will not want to be without this one." -Rings, ARG



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Loeillet, Jean-Baptiste (of London) : Suite for harpsichord (or spinet) no 1, in G minor
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Sonata no 6 in B flat (Preludio - Largo, Allemanda - Allegro, Largo, Corrente - Allegro)
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 362/Op. 1 no 4
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725-1726

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 490/L 206
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 491/L 164
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 501/L 137
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 308/L 359
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 309/L 454
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 390/L 234
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 391/L 79
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 238/L 27
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 239/L 281
  • Performer: David Russell (Guitar)
  • Notes: Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (03/25/2000-03/27/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757