Notes & Reviews:
"When this urbane performance was first released, it stood with Ozawa's Boston recording as the most luxuriously colored and most scrupulously detailed version of the complete ballet available, and nothing has happened in the decade since then to threaten its status... [This recording] remains an impressive aural feast, and it's served up in immediate, well-focused sound that makes the most of its virtues." -Rabinowitz, Fanfare
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsProkofiev, Sergei : Romeo and Juliet
- Conductor: Valery Gergiev
- Ensemble: Kirov Theater Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1935-36.
- Running Time: 135 min. 38 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Ballet
- Written: 1935-1936