1 800 222 6872

Bach: The Works for Organ Vol 13 / Kevin Bowyer

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partite sopra "O Gott, du frommer Gott", BWV 767
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Canzona in d, BWV 588
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ach, Gott und Herr, BWV 714
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ach Gott, vom Himmel sieh' darein, BWV 741
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Herr Jesu Christ, dich zu uns wend (IV), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 655c
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : O Vater, allmächtiger Gott, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 758 (BC K198)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio, for organ in C minor (after Fasch), BWV 585
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herr Jesu Christ, meins Lebens Licht, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 750 (BC K196)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in A minor, BWV 569
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Durch Adams Fall ist ganz verderbt (III), chorale prelude for organ (Neumeister Chorale no 12), BWV
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vater unser im Himmelreich, BWV 762
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Durch Adams Fall ist ganz verderbt, BWV 705
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wo soll ich fliehen hin?, BWV 694
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, der du bist der helle Tag, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 1120 (BC K194)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in A minor, BWV 551 (BC J25)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in G major, BWV 568
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 699
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen, BWV 734
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Lob sei dem allmächtigen Gott (II), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 704 (BC K153)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Gottes Sohn ist kommen, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 703 (BC K148)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herr Christ, der einig Gottessohn, chorale partita for organ (doubtful), BWV Anh. 77
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto in D minor after Alessandro Marcello, BWV 974
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Auf meinen lieben Gott, chorale prelude for organ (doubtful, perhaps by J.L. Krebs), BWV 744 (BC K1
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : In dich hab' ich gehoffet, Herr, BWV 712
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata in D major, BWV 912
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wie schön leuchtet uns der Morgenstern (I), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 739 (BC K97)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesu, meine Freude (III), chorale prelude for organ (Neumeister Chorale no 16), BWV 1105 (BC K178)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wie schön leuchtet uns der Morgenstern (II), chorale prelude for organ (doubtful), BWV 763
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Lobt Gott, ihr Christen allzugleich, BWV 732
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christum wir sollen loben schon, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 696 (BC K142)
>Bach, Johann Michael (II) : Gelobet siest du, Jesu Christ, chorale for organ (formerly attributed to J.S. Bach, BWV 723)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia super "Jesu, meine Freude", BWV 713
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 894
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"...Bowyer plays Bach in a spirited, straight-laced, no-nonsense manner, which is refreshing after listening to so much eccentric Bach where the players are so intent on making an interpretive or historical point... The beautiful Marcussen organ in Odense, Denmark, adds immeasurably to the excellence of this recording... This is one of the shortest of the Bach reviews because there is so little negative to be said of this admirable release." -Mulbury, ARG



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partite sopra "O Gott, du frommer Gott", BWV 767
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Canzona in d, BWV 588
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ach, Gott und Herr, BWV 714
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ach Gott, vom Himmel sieh' darein, BWV 741
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio super Herr Jesu Christ, dich zu uns wend (IV), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 655c
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : O Vater, allmächtiger Gott, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 758 (BC K198)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio, for organ in C minor (after Fasch), BWV 585
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1740

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herr Jesu Christ, meins Lebens Licht, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 750 (BC K196)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1700

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in A minor, BWV 569
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Durch Adams Fall ist ganz verderbt (III), chorale prelude for organ (Neumeister Chorale no 12), BWV
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Vater unser im Himmelreich, BWV 762
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Durch Adams Fall ist ganz verderbt, BWV 705
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wo soll ich fliehen hin?, BWV 694
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, der du bist der helle Tag, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 1120 (BC K194)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in A minor, BWV 551 (BC J25)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1707

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude in G major, BWV 568
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 699
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739-1742

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen, BWV 734
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Lob sei dem allmächtigen Gott (II), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 704 (BC K153)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739-1742

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Gottes Sohn ist kommen, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 703 (BC K148)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739-1742

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herr Christ, der einig Gottessohn, chorale partita for organ (doubtful), BWV Anh. 77
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1718

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto in D minor after Alessandro Marcello, BWV 974
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Auf meinen lieben Gott, chorale prelude for organ (doubtful, perhaps by J.L. Krebs), BWV 744 (BC K1
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1780

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : In dich hab' ich gehoffet, Herr, BWV 712
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata in D major, BWV 912
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wie schön leuchtet uns der Morgenstern (I), chorale prelude for organ, BWV 739 (BC K97)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesu, meine Freude (III), chorale prelude for organ (Neumeister Chorale no 16), BWV 1105 (BC K178)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wie schön leuchtet uns der Morgenstern (II), chorale prelude for organ (doubtful), BWV 763
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1737

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Lobt Gott, ihr Christen allzugleich, BWV 732
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1718

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christum wir sollen loben schon, chorale prelude for organ, BWV 696 (BC K142)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739-1742

>Bach, Johann Michael (II) : Gelobet siest du, Jesu Christ, chorale for organ (formerly attributed to J.S. Bach, BWV 723)
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia super "Jesu, meine Freude", BWV 713
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 894
  • Performer: Kevin Bowyer (Organ)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1715-1725