- David Wilson-Johnson (Baritone)
- Enkelejda Shkosa (Mezzo Soprano)
- Michele Pertusi (Bass)
- Giuseppe Sabbatini (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
Hard on the heels of their exciting Symphonie Fantastique (LSO 0007 $10.90 $9.81), the LSO continues their Berlioz cycle with the blockbuster "La Damnation de Faust", once again under the leadership of Sir Colin Davis, the greatest living exponent of the music of Berlioz. With its live-performance immediacy combined with twenty-first century sound, and the great LSO price, this is easily recommended.
The greatest Berlioz conductor of his generation in a triumphant benchmark live recording à outshines previous sets at whatever price
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBerlioz, Hector : La damnation de Faust, Op. 24
- Performers: David Wilson-Johnson (Baritone); Enkelejda Shkosa (Mezzo Soprano); Michele Pertusi (Bass); Giuseppe Sabbatini (Tenor)
- Conductor: Colin Davis
- Ensemble: London Symphony Chorus
- Running Time: 131 min. 1 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1845-1846
- Language: French
- Studio/Live: Live