- Jean-Philippe Courtis (Voice)
- Maria Ewing (Soprano)
- Francois LeRoux (Baritone)
- Christa Ludwig (Voice)
- Rudolf Mazzola (Bass)
- Patrizia Pace (Soprano)
- Josť Van Dam (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
this is a superb issue that challenges even the finest so far. The warmth of the VP0 strings in the very first bars holds out a promise that is never disappointed: the orchestra, always subtle but positively glowing, is responsive to every one of Debussy's dynamics and rises to the most intense of climaxes.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsDebussy, Claude : Pelléas et Mélisande, opera in 5 acts, L. 88
- Performers: Jean-Philippe Courtis (Voice); Maria Ewing (Soprano); Francois LeRoux (Baritone); Christa Ludwig (Voice); Rudolf Mazzola (Bass); Patrizia Pace (Soprano); José Van Dam (Voice)
- Conductor: Claudio Abbado
- Ensemble: Vienna State Opera Chorus
- Running Time: 133 min. 13 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1893-1902