- Larissa Diadkova (Mezzo Soprano)
- Stella Doufexis (Mezzo Soprano)
- Enrico Facini (Tenor)
- Thomas Hampson (Voice)
- Anatoly Kotcherga (Bass)
- Adrianne Pieczonka (Soprano)
- Bryn Terfel (Voice)
- Dorothea Röschmann (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
"In a short time, Bryn Terfel has become the Falstaff of choice, so a recording was inevitable. And the Welsh bass-baritone is a force to be reckoned with. Terfel sings the entire role, and he characterizes quite thoroughly. Hampson's hotheaded Ford is the major scene-stealer here after Terfel. Sometimes he overdoes the anger, but how beautiful and secure his singing and vocal acting are." - Mark, ARG
Terfel gives a vital, three-dimensional reading as one might expect...the final fugue at a very fast tempo is thrillingly precise, thansk to a team of leading singers who respond brilliantly to Abbado's strong, thoughtful direction...the sensitive detail in [Hampson's] characterization is magnetic. For most collectors this will now be the primary recommendation.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Falstaff
- Performers: Larissa Diadkova (Mezzo Soprano); Stella Doufexis (Mezzo Soprano); Enrico Facini (Tenor); Thomas Hampson (Voice); Anatoly Kotcherga (Bass); Adrianne Pieczonka (Soprano); Dorothea Röschmann (Soprano); Bryn Terfel (Voice)
- Conductor: Claudio Abbado
- Ensemble: Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 97 min. 37 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1893