- Arnaldo Borghi (Bass)
- Beniamino Gigli
- Jr. Mario Basiola (Voice)
- Giuseppe Nessi (Tenor)
- Iva Pacetti (Soprano)
- Leone Paci (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
In this opera, his masterpiece, Leoncavallo successfully combined instantly memorable melodies with simple and intensely dramatic situations. The dramatic power of the music written for the leading character, the tragic clown Tonio, has made it a favorite with the world's leading tenors. Gigli's command of the leading role is an object lesson in achieving the maximum impact without resorting to vocal excess. This famous La Scala production dates from 1934. Restored by Ward Marston.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsLeoncavallo, Ruggero : Pagliacci, opera
- Performers: Arnaldo Borghi (Bass); Beniamino Gigli; Jr. Mario Basiola (Voice); Giuseppe Nessi (Tenor); Iva Pacetti (Soprano); Leone Paci (Baritone)
- Conductor: Franco Ghione
- Ensemble: Arnaldo Borghi Chorus
- Notes: Milan Conservatory (07/02/1934-07/05/1934)
- Running Time: 54 min. 13 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Written: 1892