1 800 222 6872

Rubinstein Collection Vol 6 - Chopin: Mazurkas, Scherzos

Album Summary

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 60/Op. 6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (5) for Piano, B 61/Op. 7
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 77/Op. 17
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 89/Op. 24
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 105/Op. 30
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 115/Op. 33
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 41
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 145/Op. 50
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 153/Op. 56
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 157/Op. 59
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 162/Op. 63
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 67
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 68
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for Piano in A minor, B 140 "A Emile Gaillard"
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for Piano in A minor, B 134 "Notre temps"
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 1 in B minor, B 65/Op. 20
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 3 in C sharp minor, B 125/Op. 39
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 4 in E major, B 148/Op. 54
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"To some, this early set of the Mazurkas remains the touchstone for all others, with the same wonderful improvisatory quality that characterised Rubinstein's first decade of recordings. The Scherzos betray a formidable technique with some ferocious tempos and edge-of-the-seat risk taking, yet here, as in the Nocturnes, everything sounds so natural and unforced. Small wonder that Rubinstein's name became synonymous with Chopin." ***** Classic CD



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 60/Op. 6
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (5) for Piano, B 61/Op. 7
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 77/Op. 17
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1822-1823

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 89/Op. 24
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1833

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 105/Op. 30
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, B 115/Op. 33
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 41
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 145/Op. 50
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 153/Op. 56
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843-1844

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 157/Op. 59
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1845

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 162/Op. 63
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 67
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1835-1849

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (4) for Piano, Op. 68
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1830-1846

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for Piano in A minor, B 140 "A Emile Gaillard"
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for Piano in A minor, B 134 "Notre temps"
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 11/13/1938-05/10/1939
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 1 in B minor, B 65/Op. 20
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 10/12/1932-10/17/1932
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 3 in C sharp minor, B 125/Op. 39
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 10/12/1932-10/17/1932
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 4 in E major, B 148/Op. 54
  • Performer: Artur Rubinstein (Piano)
  • Notes: 10/12/1932-10/17/1932
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1843