1 800 222 6872

Handel: Complete Flute Sonatas / Beznosiuk, et al

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in G major, HWV 363b/Op. 1 no 5
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Op.1/1a), HWV 379
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso continuo in B minor, HWV 367b/Op. 1 no 9
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, HWV 359a/Op. 1 no 1
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in A minor (Halle Sonata no 1), HWV 374 (possibly spurious)
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Halle Sonata no 2), HWV 375 (possibly spurious)
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in B minor (Halle Sonata no 3), HWV 376 (possibly spurious)
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in D major, HWV 378
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

'The performances deserve a place at the very forefront of available versions of these charming sonatas' (Fanfare, USA)

'Engaging pieces, consisting of between four and seven short, contrasted movements. Beznosiuk plays her deep-toned wooden flute with wonderful expression and Nicholson and Tunnicliffe accompany her with zest and sympathy' (Classic FM Magazine)

'Delightful in every way' (The Penguin Guide to Compact Discs)



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in G major, HWV 363b/Op. 1 no 5
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: 06/20/1994-06/22/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Op.1/1a), HWV 379
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Notes: 06/20/1994-06/22/1994
  • Running Time: 10 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1727-1728

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso continuo in B minor, HWV 367b/Op. 1 no 9
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Notes: 06/20/1994-06/22/1994
  • Running Time: 13 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1725-1726

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, HWV 359a/Op. 1 no 1
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Notes: 06/20/1994-06/22/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in A minor (Halle Sonata no 1), HWV 374 (possibly spurious)
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Notes: 06/20/1994-06/22/1994
  • Running Time: 11 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Halle Sonata no 2), HWV 375 (possibly spurious)
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Notes: 06/20/1994-06/22/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1730

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in B minor (Halle Sonata no 3), HWV 376 (possibly spurious)
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Notes: 06/20/1994-06/22/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in D major, HWV 378
  • Performers: Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello); Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1707